Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Rats

Couple of large construction projects in our neighborhood seemed to have
sent all sorts of critters looking for new habitat. Thought the wife
was off a tad when she said she thought she saw a rat in out garage.
Then I saw one. Uh Oh. My wife is a *pack* rat so the rafters are full
of boxes. No wonder.

What are the latest tried and true favorite methods hereabouts? TIA
Cats are out BTW.

Frank
Posted to alt.home.repair

"F.H." wrote in message
Couple of large construction projects in our neighborhood seemed to have
sent all sorts of critters looking for new habitat. Thought the wife
was off a tad when she said she thought she saw a rat in out garage.
Then I saw one. Uh Oh. My wife is a *pack* rat so the rafters are full
of boxes. No wonder.

What are the latest tried and true favorite methods hereabouts? TIA
Cats are out BTW.

You might want to call an exterminator.

Posted to alt.home.repair

Manual Toothbrushes Manufacturer - Yangzhou Shuguang Toothbrush Factory
http://www.xanga.com/sgtoothbrush , http://www.sunrisebrush.com ,
http://www.chinabboss.com , http://20six.co.uk/sgtoothbrush ,
http://www.xanga.com/sunrisebrush , http://sgtoothbrush.livejournal.com

Wooden Cedar Shoe Trees & Insoles Manufacturer - China Toplevel
Co.,Limited
http://www.xanga.com/shoetrees , http://www.xanga.com/shoetree ,
http://www.toplevel.net.cn

Posted to alt.home.repair

What are the latest tried and true favorite methods hereabouts? TIA
Cats are out BTW.

Frank

Try a rat zapper. You can get them on ebay. I don't have rats.. but
they work wonderful for getting rid of mice.

Posted to alt.home.repair

F.H. wrote:
Couple of large construction projects in our neighborhood seemed to
have sent all sorts of critters looking for new habitat. Thought the
wife was off a tad when she said she thought she saw a rat in out
garage. Then I saw one. Uh Oh. My wife is a *pack* rat so the
rafters are full of boxes. No wonder.

What are the latest tried and true favorite methods hereabouts? TIA
Cats are out BTW.

Frank

Your best bet is a local exterminator. Rats tend to become good
avoiders or immune to many materials. The local exterminator knows what
works and has access to materials that can not be legally sold to
non-licensed individuals.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia 's Muire duit

Posted to alt.home.repair

i feed rats decon from hardware store.it kicks their butts to the next
life..lucas

Posted to alt.home.repair
Joe Joe is offline

F.H. wrote:
Couple of large construction projects in our neighborhood seemed to have
sent all sorts of critters looking for new habitat. Thought the wife
was off a tad when she said she thought she saw a rat in out garage.
Then I saw one. Uh Oh. My wife is a *pack* rat so the rafters are full
of boxes. No wonder.

What are the latest tried and true favorite methods hereabouts? TIA
Cats are out BTW.

Frank

Rat traps and other rodent control devices can be had at any farm
supply store. If you're in a sporting mood, back these up with a good
pellet gun like Midwestern folks do. Don't know if Texans favor larger
caliber weapons of small destruction like they used to.
Cheers,

Joe

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 24 Dec 2006 22:00:57 GMT, "F.H."
wrote:

Couple of large construction projects in our neighborhood seemed to have
sent all sorts of critters looking for new habitat. Thought the wife
was off a tad when she said she thought she saw a rat in out garage.
Then I saw one. Uh Oh. My wife is a *pack* rat so the rafters are full
of boxes. No wonder.

What are the latest tried and true favorite methods hereabouts? TIA
Cats are out BTW.

Frank

DROP AN ATOMIC BOMB ................
Posted to alt.home.repair

F.H. wrote:
Couple of large construction projects in our neighborhood seemed to
have sent all sorts of critters looking for new habitat. Thought the
wife was off a tad when she said she thought she saw a rat in out
garage. Then I saw one. Uh Oh. My wife is a *pack* rat so the
rafters are full of boxes. No wonder.

What are the latest tried and true favorite methods hereabouts? TIA
Cats are out BTW.

During the Middle Ages, cats got the reputation as "familiars" of Satan.
Killing cats was the Christian thing to do.

Rats multiplied like crazy and with them, fleas.

The resulting Bubonic Plague wiped out 1/3rd of Europe.

Do you want to die a painful death, marked by festering pustules of rot and
so disfigured that when you pass this mortal coil, God himself will not
recognize you?

If not, please reconsider your position on cats.

Posted to alt.home.repair

HeyBub wrote:
F.H. wrote:
Couple of large construction projects in our neighborhood seemed to
have sent all sorts of critters looking for new habitat. Thought the
wife was off a tad when she said she thought she saw a rat in out
garage. Then I saw one. Uh Oh. My wife is a *pack* rat so the
rafters are full of boxes. No wonder.

What are the latest tried and true favorite methods hereabouts? TIA
Cats are out BTW.

During the Middle Ages, cats got the reputation as "familiars" of Satan.
Killing cats was the Christian thing to do.

I knew there had to be *something* Christians and I could agree on.
Posted to alt.home.repair

Sounds interesting. Is it one model of Zapper for both mice and rats?
One size?

I got the larger one... Uses 4 d batteries so it pack a bigger punch...
I've heard some people joking around on the internet that they hate
rats and mice so much they want to hook it up to 110..grin... I can't
testify for rats (I don't have them) but it works great for mice.
Probably worth a try.

Rats Kevin UK diy 35 January 27th 06 07:32 PM
Oh Rats! david lang UK diy 38 September 2nd 05 03:59 PM
Rats! Paradox Home Repair 22 January 22nd 05 10:10 PM
Rats!!!!! art Home Ownership 8 September 3rd 04 06:42 PM
rats MB UK diy 0 April 5th 04 10:05 AM