Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Extended height kitchen cabinet legs

I have a need to install some kitchen base cabinets at a higher than
normal 940mm to the top of a 40mm worktop rather than the normal 910mm.

This means using cab legs with a 180mm nominal height rather than the
regular 150mm, ideally with a 190 or 200mm maximum height adjustment.

I seem to recall someone here quoting a source for same some time ago
but this is providing elusive, any ideas?

I'd rather do it this way than add spacers to the bottom of existing
legs and plain plastic, rather then fancy chrome, items.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/03/2014 23:21, fred wrote:
I have a need to install some kitchen base cabinets at a higher than
normal 940mm to the top of a 40mm worktop rather than the normal 910mm.

This means using cab legs with a 180mm nominal height rather than the
regular 150mm, ideally with a 190 or 200mm maximum height adjustment.

I seem to recall someone here quoting a source for same some time ago
but this is providing elusive, any ideas?

I'd rather do it this way than add spacers to the bottom of existing
legs and plain plastic, rather then fancy chrome, items.

I bought some kitchen legs from Ikea to allow one of their cabinets to
clear the skirting board in an alcove. Longer than usual but chrome alas :-(
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 26/03/2014 09:36 stuart noble wrote:

On 25/03/2014 23:21, fred wrote:
I have a need to install some kitchen base cabinets at a higher than
normal 940mm to the top of a 40mm worktop rather than the normal 910mm.

This means using cab legs with a 180mm nominal height rather than the
regular 150mm, ideally with a 190 or 200mm maximum height adjustment.

I seem to recall someone here quoting a source for same some time ago
but this is providing elusive, any ideas?

I'd rather do it this way than add spacers to the bottom of existing
legs and plain plastic, rather then fancy chrome, items.

I bought some kitchen legs from Ikea to allow one of their cabinets to
clear the skirting board in an alcove. Longer than usual but chrome alas

We have some square section 'brushed aluminium' legs from Ikea that are
longer than normal.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:

I have a need to install some kitchen base cabinets at a higher than
normal 940mm to the top of a 40mm worktop rather than the normal 910mm.

This means using cab legs with a 180mm nominal height rather than the
regular 150mm, ideally with a 190 or 200mm maximum height adjustment.

Why not screw some battens to the underneath of the cabinets and then screw
the standard legs to the battens? Or do you need to keep the legs visible
to the user?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article id, Jeremy
Nicoll - news posts writes
fred wrote:

I have a need to install some kitchen base cabinets at a higher than
normal 940mm to the top of a 40mm worktop rather than the normal 910mm.

This means using cab legs with a 180mm nominal height rather than the
regular 150mm, ideally with a 190 or 200mm maximum height adjustment.

Why not screw some battens to the underneath of the cabinets and then screw
the standard legs to the battens? Or do you need to keep the legs visible
to the user?

That's not an option I had considered but it should work, thank you.

I am not doing the final install so had been considering the more
foolproof options, screwing through 30mm into 18mm being potentially
more problematic than running a short screw through a light plastic
moulding into same.

I have now found extended length legs made by Hafele and available at
reasonable cost from daro.com .

There's good data available on the Hafele website:

http://www.hafele.co.uk/shop/p/x/37020/8021

and searching for the part numbers led me to daro:

http://www.daro.com/kitchens-bedroom...-fittings.html

or http://preview.tinyurl.com/oks89w3
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , stuart noble
writes
On 25/03/2014 23:21, fred wrote:
I have a need to install some kitchen base cabinets at a higher than
normal 940mm to the top of a 40mm worktop rather than the normal 910mm.

This means using cab legs with a 180mm nominal height rather than the
regular 150mm, ideally with a 190 or 200mm maximum height adjustment.

I seem to recall someone here quoting a source for same some time ago
but this is providing elusive, any ideas?

I'd rather do it this way than add spacers to the bottom of existing
legs and plain plastic, rather then fancy chrome, items.

I bought some kitchen legs from Ikea to allow one of their cabinets to
clear the skirting board in an alcove. Longer than usual but chrome alas :-(

Yes, spotted those but more pricey than I'd like for the 30 or so reqd.
Cheapie plastic now found in 180mm by Hafele (see my other reply) but
thanks for the pointer.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .