Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y

Default Stylus for Samsung phone?

I've got a Samsung "Galaxy Pocket Neo" which has a minute screen which is
a PITA to write on using the on-screen keyboard. Are there decent
styluses available for them? I tried a combined pen/stylus LiDL had on
offer but it was a chocolate teapot. What's the principle - is it
possible to make one? I've tried various conductive & non-conductive
things but can't get anything to register.

--
John Stumbles

This sig intentionally left blank
Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y

On 15 Mar 2014 17:16:56 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote in :
I've got a Samsung "Galaxy Pocket Neo" which has a minute screen which is
a PITA to write on using the on-screen keyboard. Are there decent
styluses available for them? I tried a combined pen/stylus LiDL had on
offer but it was a chocolate teapot. What's the principle - is it
possible to make one? I've tried various conductive & non-conductive
things but can't get anything to register.

I got a packet of two styli from Poundland, the larger of which
works well with my Nexus 7. The smaller is a two-piece telescope with a
harder tip. They're possibly both too big for what you want.

Experiments with the conductive foam that static-sensitive ICs
come in were fairly positive. Basically what you need is a conductive tip
shaped to your needs, housed in the end of a metal tube. Try
experimenting in the first instance with the graphite "lead" out of a
large pencil such as a carpenter's pencil, but you'd ultimately need
something less frangible.

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN
Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:

I've got a Samsung "Galaxy Pocket Neo" which has a minute screen which is
a PITA to write on using the on-screen keyboard. Are there decent
styluses available for them? I tried a combined pen/stylus LiDL had on
offer but it was a chocolate teapot. What's the principle - is it
possible to make one? I've tried various conductive & non-conductive
things but can't get anything to register.

You need a capacitive stylus, they tend to have a rubbery domed tip,
approximating a small finger, anything too small won't register.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2014 19:27, Andy Burns wrote:
John Stumbles wrote:

I've got a Samsung "Galaxy Pocket Neo" which has a minute screen which is
a PITA to write on using the on-screen keyboard. Are there decent
styluses available for them? I tried a combined pen/stylus LiDL had on
offer but it was a chocolate teapot. What's the principle - is it
possible to make one? I've tried various conductive & non-conductive
things but can't get anything to register.

You need a capacitive stylus, they tend to have a rubbery domed tip,
approximating a small finger, anything too small won't register.

If that is the same as, say, the proper size Galaxies, absolutely
agreed. Capacitive. Available at very low prices from the usual sources
such as Amazon. Buy several as they are so easy to lose, leave at the
wrong end of the house/garden/office, have snaffled by partners who
didn't buy their own...

Another approach that I use with my Galaxy S2 is to carry a Microsoft
Wedge keyboard. Only do this if I can reasonably anticipate need in to
type quite a bit and the circumstances allow. My last major use was on
the Stena line ferry between Liverpool and Belfast. Set it up on the
table where I was eating and handled the things I needed to do with
ease. A bit big to slip into back pocket...

--
Rod
Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:

I've got a Samsung "Galaxy Pocket Neo" which has a minute screen which
is a PITA to write on using the on-screen keyboard. Are there decent
styluses available for them? I tried a combined pen/stylus LiDL had on
offer but it was a chocolate teapot. What's the principle - is it
possible to make one? I've tried various conductive & non-conductive
things but can't get anything to register.

You need a capacitive stylus, they tend to have a rubbery domed tip,
approximating a small finger, anything too small won't register.

If that is the same as, say, the proper size Galaxies, absolutely
agreed. Capacitive. Available at very low prices from the usual sources
such as Amazon. Buy several as they are so easy to lose, leave at the
wrong end of the house/garden/office, have snaffled by partners who
didn't buy their own...

They often come in multipacks..I got ten for a stupid price. Gave SWTNFI
one of them, and annoyed her by making it the bright pink one.

At work we are now giving away pens (with the department logo on) which,
when retracted, have a suitable tip.

Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y

John Stumbles wrote:

[...]

Pound Shop pack of 3 work fine with my tablet

Mobile phone dissasembly - Samsung Galaxy S2 Tim Watts[_2_] UK diy 15 December 4th 13 09:21 PM
Water Damage to Samsung C225 Cell Phone [email protected] Electronics Repair 5 September 1st 06 07:22 AM
Display dead on Samsung cell phone abcdef Electronics Repair 1 June 4th 06 01:30 AM
Samsung D500 mobile phone Mick UK diy 4 August 12th 05 10:27 AM
Epson Stylus 500 Bob Shuman Electronics Repair 17 September 21st 03 11:05 PM