Posted to comp.mobile.android,uk.d-i-y
Ivan D. Reid Ivan D. Reid is offline

Default Stylus for Samsung phone?

On 15 Mar 2014 17:16:56 GMT, John Stumbles
wrote in :
I've got a Samsung "Galaxy Pocket Neo" which has a minute screen which is
a PITA to write on using the on-screen keyboard. Are there decent
styluses available for them? I tried a combined pen/stylus LiDL had on
offer but it was a chocolate teapot. What's the principle - is it
possible to make one? I've tried various conductive & non-conductive
things but can't get anything to register.

I got a packet of two styli from Poundland, the larger of which
works well with my Nexus 7. The smaller is a two-piece telescope with a
harder tip. They're possibly both too big for what you want.

Experiments with the conductive foam that static-sensitive ICs
come in were fairly positive. Basically what you need is a conductive tip
shaped to your needs, housed in the end of a metal tube. Try
experimenting in the first instance with the graphite "lead" out of a
large pencil such as a carpenter's pencil, but you'd ultimately need
something less frangible.

--
Ivan Reid, School of Engineering & Design, _____________ CMS Collaboration,
Brunel University. ] Room 40-1-B12, CERN