Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Component Analyser ...

Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision laboratory
component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision laboratory
component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Arfa

More info. he-
http://www.atecorp.com/ATECorp/media..._Datasheet.pdf

AccuSource in the USA is asking $2500 for a fully recond. equipment.
http://www.accusrc.com/ccp3719-wayne...-6425-6425.htm

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2014 16:28, Arfa Daily wrote:
Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision laboratory
component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Are you buying or selling?

--
Peter Crosland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision laboratory
component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Don't waste your money.

Go for the Peak Electronics analysers, such as the LCR40, retailing
new for about £100

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
On 15/03/2014 16:28, Arfa Daily wrote:
Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision laboratory
component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Are you buying or selling?

--
Peter Crosland

Selling ...

Might be like an AVO model 8? Cost the thick end of £1000 when last for
sale, but out performed by a 3 quid DVM?

--
*Ambition is a poor excuse for not having enough sense to be lazy *

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"gareth" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision laboratory
component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Don't waste your money.

Go for the Peak Electronics analysers, such as the LCR40, retailing
new for about £100

No ... I have one for disposal. Just interested in what I might be able to
get on it. As for the Peak range, whilst they do make some fine and useful
workshop testers and analysers, with all due respect to them, they are not
even close to being in the same league as the Wayne Kerr, which is a
professional laboratory instrument, capable of very complex analysis of
network impedances and so on, to a very high degree of accuracy, as I
understand it.

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2014 19:01, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
On 15/03/2014 16:28, Arfa Daily wrote:
Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision laboratory
component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Are you buying or selling?

Ask folks on sci.electronics.design

--
Adrian C

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2014 19:27, Arfa Daily wrote:

"gareth" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision
laboratory component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Don't waste your money.

Go for the Peak Electronics analysers, such as the LCR40, retailing
new for about £100

No ... I have one for disposal. Just interested in what I might be able
to get on it. As for the Peak range, whilst they do make some fine and
useful workshop testers and analysers, with all due respect to them,
they are not even close to being in the same league as the Wayne Kerr,
which is a professional laboratory instrument, capable of very complex
analysis of network impedances and so on, to a very high degree of
accuracy, as I understand it.

Refurbished ones fetch around £1,500 + VAT with calibration certificate.

--
Peter Crosland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

o.uk...

"gareth" wrote in message
"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision
laboratory component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Don't waste your money.

Go for the Peak Electronics analysers, such as the LCR40, retailing
new for about £100

No ... I have one for disposal. Just interested in what I might be able
to get on it. As for the Peak range, whilst they do make some fine and
useful workshop testers and analysers, with all due respect to them,
they are not even close to being in the same league as the Wayne Kerr,
which is a professional laboratory instrument, capable of very complex
analysis of network impedances and so on, to a very high degree of
accuracy, as I understand it.

Refurbished ones fetch around £1,500 + VAT with calibration certificate.

--
Peter Crosland

This one was last calibrated back in 2007 I think, but I don't have the
certificate, although there is a UKAS sticker on it with a test certificate
number written on it.

So I guess as working but uncertified, it must be worth at least the high
hundreds, based on 1500 +VAT for refurb and cal cert ??

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Adrian C" wrote in message
On 15/03/2014 19:01, Arfa Daily wrote:

"Peter Crosland" wrote in message
On 15/03/2014 16:28, Arfa Daily wrote:
Anyone got any experience of the Wayne Kerr 6425B precision laboratory
component analyser, and any idea of its value ?

Are you buying or selling?

Ask folks on sci.electronics.design

--
Adrian C

Ta ! Never thought of them ...

Arfa

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
So I guess as working but uncertified, it must be worth at least the
high hundreds, based on 1500 +VAT for refurb and cal cert ??

Have you checked Ebay to see what they go for there? Do a search on it and
save the search - they'll send you emails when one comes up.

There can be a big difference between what a dealer will charge for one
with calibration certificate etc and what one without will sell for - if
it's like other such things, especially if no longer a current model.

--
*One nice thing about egotists: they don't talk about other people.