Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Non-slip shoelaces?

Modern shoelaces seem to slip very easily,
probably because they are made of artificial
fibres which came out of a smooth tube in
the first place.

Does anybody know of a cure?

TIA

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
wrote:
Modern shoelaces seem to slip very easily,
probably because they are made of artificial
fibres which came out of a smooth tube in
the first place.

Does anybody know of a cure?

a double knot usually works, but I'm so used to a single knot, I usually
forget.

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote

Modern shoelaces seem to slip very easily,
probably because they are made of artificial
fibres which came out of a smooth tube in
the first place.

Does anybody know of a cure?

Elastic sided boots that don't have any laces at all.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_work_boot

When I did still use boots with laces, I used hide laces.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Lobster" wrote in message
. 222...
On 12 Mar 2014, grunted:

Modern shoelaces seem to slip very easily,
probably because they are made of artificial
fibres which came out of a smooth tube in
the first place.

Does anybody know of a cure?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/bhp/leather-boot-laces

That's what I used.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:50:26 AM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote

Modern shoelaces seem to slip very easily,

probably because they are made of artificial

fibres which came out of a smooth tube in

the first place.

Does anybody know of a cure?

Elastic sided boots that don't have any laces at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_work_boot

When I did still use boots with laces, I used hide laces.

Search the back of the Telegraph magasine any Saturday and you'll find shoes with velcro closures amongst all the ads for stair lifts and hip baths
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"fred" wrote in message
On Wednesday, March 12, 2014 9:50:26 AM UTC, Rod Speed wrote:
wrote

Modern shoelaces seem to slip very easily,

probably because they are made of artificial

fibres which came out of a smooth tube in

the first place.

Does anybody know of a cure?

Elastic sided boots that don't have any laces at all.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Australian_work_boot

When I did still use boots with laces, I used hide laces.

Search the back of the Telegraph magasine any Saturday and you'll find
shoes with velcro closures amongst all the ads for stair lifts and hip
baths

Many of the yoof's shoes are like that too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum explained :
On 12/03/2014 00:27, wrote:
Modern shoelaces seem to slip very easily,
probably because they are made of artificial
fibres which came out of a smooth tube in
the first place.

Does anybody know of a cure?

TIA

You could have a look at some of the weird and wonderful products available
such as:

http://www.biglaces.com/mall/departm...urly%2520Laces

Or look for the how to tie section on that site (or elsewhere).

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/knots.htm

I thought there were only two ways to thread them and one way to tie
them - possibly three with addition of tieing the loops for extra
security. I was wrong.

--
Regards,
Harry (M1BYT) (L)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 15/03/2014 10:16, "Pet @ www.gymratz.co.uk ;¬)" wrote:

http://www.fieggen.com/shoelace/surgeonknot.htm

That's what I was trying to explain.

Pete@

non slip surface cj Home Repair 10 September 19th 12 08:02 PM
Slip Rings steamer Metalworking 5 February 11th 09 05:32 PM
slip roll - isn't!! ?? Grant Erwin Metalworking 1 September 13th 07 01:30 AM
slip roll? Grant Erwin Metalworking 10 September 11th 07 10:47 AM