Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Kitchen Surplus oak worktops - recommended

Just had my 40mm stave rustic oak worktops (3m * 720mm * 40mm) delivered.

Ordered online Friday morning, selecting my delivery date as the following Tuesday (earliest available).

Immediate order confirmation email, then delivery slot details emailed to me on Monday (3 hour time window), then final confirmation phone call 30mins before actual delivery. Delivery by 2-man team in a company van - not courier, exactly in the middle of the time-slot.

Worktops - polythene wrapped, rigid plastic corners - totally square-cut - no radiused corners/edges. Very slight surface defects. To the best I can measure them, exactly square/flat/true. Moderate colour variation as expected with rustic oak.

So far I've trimmed 900mm from one - exposed cut shows no inclusions/defects.

I selected Kitchen Surplus on price, but very pleased with the quality and service too (as usual - no connection other than as a satisfied customer etc).

https://www.kitchen-surplus.co.uk/index.php

Kitchen worktops Phil C. UK diy 0 October 27th 13 01:08 PM
What's the best way to cut kitchen worktops? Nige UK diy 6 April 28th 07 01:43 PM
Kitchen worktops David UK diy 1 October 8th 05 11:31 AM
Kitchen worktops HD UK diy 5 June 16th 04 09:11 AM