Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default More OT madness.

Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Small policemen are not much cop?
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 01:30:26 +1100, F Murtz wrote:

Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Weekend Troll?

Perhaps you think only big butch policemen with large hands should be
firearms officers?

If we ignore the police angle, these are just women who are employed to do
a job then disadvantaged because they are not supplied with the correct
equipment including safety equipment.

If they were working on an industrial site and weren't provided with
suitable equipment and safety gear, would you still be saying 'poor
diddums'?

Given that the police have a very solid reputation for institutional
racism and sexism they probably need a good kicking to get their attention
and money is one thing that does usually get their attention.

Cheers

Dave R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2014 14:30, F Murtz wrote:
Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Why were they accepted on the course in the first place?

My Becky is petite & she had no trouble firing a Glock.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2014 3:40 PM, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 01:30:26 +1100, F Murtz wrote:

Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Weekend Troll?

Perhaps you think only big butch policemen with large hands should be
firearms officers?

Why not? If it comes to a fight, with or without firearms, a strong,
reasonably big man is always the best bet. Horses for courses - women
are not physically equipped for active policing, the fire service, and
quite a few other jobs were physical size and strength can be important.
Men are not suited to many other jobs were women excel.

--
Bob - Tetbury, Gloucestershire, UK

You know you're old when an "allnighter" means you didn't have to go to
the loo once!

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Henson wrote:
On 22/02/2014 3:40 PM, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 01:30:26 +1100, F Murtz wrote:

Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Weekend Troll?

Perhaps you think only big butch policemen with large hands should be
firearms officers?

Why not? If it comes to a fight, with or without firearms, a strong,
reasonably big man is always the best bet. Horses for courses - women
are not physically equipped for active policing, the fire service, and
quite a few other jobs were physical size and strength can be important.
Men are not suited to many other jobs were women excel.

+1

In other lines of business I wonder if they'd be complaining equally if
the hod was too heavy for them on a building site? Or the firehose
recoil was too strong? And I say that perfectly aware that I probably
wouldn't be able to do either.

--
Scott

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Henson wrote:

Why not? If it comes to a fight, with or without firearms, a strong,
reasonably big man is always the best bet. Horses for courses - women
are not physically equipped for active policing, the fire service, and
quite a few other jobs were physical size and strength can be important.
Men are not suited to many other jobs were women excel.

I have it from a very senior policeman (retd) that female officers
present a problem in many aspects of policing. Yes they're good for the
touchy feely stuff, but when you're selecting officers to go in the big
van to sort out a street barney, or planning a raid on some unscrupulous
man-mountain's premises, there are problems. Pass them over and you'll
get into bother (discrimination), include them and the effectiveness of
the squad is reduced.

I think my friend here was telling it as it is.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

My Becky is petite & she had no trouble firing a Glock.

Must be some background story there...

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

David.WE.Roberts wrote:

If we ignore the police angle, these are just women who are employed to do
a job then disadvantaged because they are not supplied with the correct
equipment including safety equipment.

If they'd been sacked, because they failed the shooting test, because
the guns were deemed unsuitable, I could see a case for compensation. As
it is, I can only see a case for providing them with suitable guns.

What have they been "compensated" for, exactly?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2014 14:30, F Murtz wrote:
Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Why were they accepted on the course in the first place?

My Becky is petite & she had no trouble firing a Glock.

Was that a Glock 17, as in this case, or one of the compact or
sub-compact models?

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2014 15:40, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 01:30:26 +1100, F Murtz wrote:

Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Weekend Troll?

Perhaps you think only big butch policemen with large hands should
be firearms officers?

The equipment is designed to do a job, maybe a slimmed down 22 pistol
wont stop the terrorist they are shooting at.

I bet they would complain that the tiddly gun won't stop the axe
wielding madman in body armour from getting to them.

If we ignore the police angle, these are just women who are employed
to do a job then disadvantaged because they are not supplied with the
correct equipment including safety equipment.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"F Murtz" wrote in message
eb.com...
Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Should never have been employed in the first place.
What use is a dwarf police(wo)man?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
Bob Henson wrote:

[...]

The obvious answer is to send them along and let them get beaten to pulp.
Some dozy people only learn the hard way.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2014 16:34, Bill Wright wrote:
The Medway Handyman wrote:

My Becky is petite & she had no trouble firing a Glock.

Must be some background story there...

Bill

What? That there are different types of Glock?
Maybe they should have been given desert eagles?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
David.WE.Roberts wrote:

If we ignore the police angle, these are just women who are employed to
do
a job then disadvantaged because they are not supplied with the correct
equipment including safety equipment.

If they'd been sacked, because they failed the shooting test, because the
guns were deemed unsuitable, I could see a case for compensation. As it
is, I can only see a case for providing them with suitable guns.

Water pistols?
They have what is suitable.
Anything different will be unsuitable.
As case of unsuitable people.
You are a bloody half wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:

My Becky is petite & she had no trouble firing a Glock.

Must be some background story there...

Bill

She is a paramedic with London Ambulance. She works for a little known
section called Central Operations.

They are trained to deal with the more 'unusual' situations.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2014 18:39, dennis@home wrote:
On 22/02/2014 15:40, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 01:30:26 +1100, F Murtz wrote:

Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Weekend Troll?

Perhaps you think only big butch policemen with large hands should
be firearms officers?

The equipment is designed to do a job, maybe a slimmed down 22 pistol
wont stop the terrorist they are shooting at.

I bet they would complain that the tiddly gun won't stop the axe
wielding madman in body armour from getting to them.

The Glock 19 was designed as a compact version of the Glock 17 for
military and law enforcement use, where a smaller pistol is required.
This would appear to be a prime case of where it is required.

If we ignore the police angle, these are just women who are employed
to do a job then disadvantaged because they are not supplied with the
correct equipment including safety equipment.

Personally, I think they should not have won compensation on the basis
of sex discrimination, as there are probably men who might have trouble
handling the Glock 17 and women who wouldn't. However, they would IMO
have a case for constructive dismissal on the basis of, as you say,
being provided with the wrong equipment for their job.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/02/2014 16:38, Andy Burns wrote:
David.WE.Roberts wrote:

If we ignore the police angle, these are just women who are employed
to do
a job then disadvantaged because they are not supplied with the correct
equipment including safety equipment.

If they'd been sacked, because they failed the shooting test, because
the guns were deemed unsuitable, I could see a case for compensation. As
it is, I can only see a case for providing them with suitable guns.

What have they been "compensated" for, exactly?

Exactly! In any case the Police should provide staff with suitable
equipment to do the job and that includes suitable arms. In this case a
Glock G19 Gen4 would seem to be suitable.

--
Peter Crosland
Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:

I have it from a very senior policeman (retd) that female officers present
a problem in many aspects of policing. Yes they're good for the touchy
feely stuff, but when you're selecting officers to go in the big van to
sort out a street barney, or planning a raid on some unscrupulous
man-mountain's premises, there are problems. Pass them over and you'll get
into bother (discrimination), include them and the effectiveness of the
squad is reduced.

I think my friend here was telling it as it is.

Bill

The obvious answer is to send them along and let them get beaten to pulp.
Some dozy people only learn the hard way.

That doesn't happen because they watch each others' backs.

Bill
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"harryagain" wrote in message

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...
David.WE.Roberts wrote:

If we ignore the police angle, these are just women who are employed to
do
a job then disadvantaged because they are not supplied with the correct
equipment including safety equipment.

If they'd been sacked, because they failed the shooting test, because the
guns were deemed unsuitable, I could see a case for compensation. As it
is, I can only see a case for providing them with suitable guns.

Water pistols?
They have what is suitable.

That's very arguable with the full size Glocks and small hands.

Anything different will be unsuitable.

Wrong with the smaller Glocks that use the same ammunition.

As case of unsuitable people.
You are a bloody half wit.

Beats being a 100th wit.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Utterly ****ing ridiculous.
They could have been issued with smaller-framed pistols.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Bob Henson
scribeth thus
On 22/02/2014 3:40 PM, David.WE.Roberts wrote:
On Sun, 23 Feb 2014 01:30:26 +1100, F Murtz wrote:

Your little police poor diddums.

http://tinyurl.com/pb9h4km

Weekend Troll?

Perhaps you think only big butch policemen with large hands should be
firearms officers?

Why not? If it comes to a fight, with or without firearms, a strong,
reasonably big man is always the best bet. Horses for courses - women
are not physically equipped for active policing, the fire service, and
quite a few other jobs were physical size and strength can be important.
Men are not suited to many other jobs were women excel.

Wouldn't like to have tangled with this gun woman;!...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Roza_Shanina

nb: You'll find quite a few ladies who can handle 12 bore shotguns fine
at clay pigeon and other shooting clubs;!)...

--
Tony Sayer

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Bill Wright wrote:
I have it from a very senior policeman (retd) that female officers
present a problem in many aspects of policing. Yes they're good for the
touchy feely stuff, but when you're selecting officers to go in the big
van to sort out a street barney, or planning a raid on some unscrupulous
man-mountain's premises, there are problems. Pass them over and you'll
get into bother (discrimination), include them and the effectiveness of
the squad is reduced.

I think my friend here was telling it as it is.

Says much about him if he thinks the most important part of policing is
the ability to sort out a 'street barney'.

--
*There are two sides to every divorce: Yours and **** head's*

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Madness at the gun show clark Metalworking 140 March 28th 13 05:52 AM
Wilkinsons madness. The Medway Handyman[_2_] UK diy 33 April 1st 10 10:21 PM
ice cube madness [email protected] Home Repair 56 April 6th 08 08:34 PM
Mailbox madness HeyBub Home Repair 1 November 2nd 06 01:01 AM
eBay madness again! Christopher Tidy Metalworking 10 November 26th 05 05:50 AM