Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Homebase LED bulbs energy saving claims were misleading

On 2014-02-07, Adam Funk wrote:

(Personally, I would never let anyone install recessed lights.)

In my house, I mean!

I,ve got 6 x R63's with 40 watt bulbs in the kitchen. Bulbs been in over
two years now, no replacements and give a very good overall light.

R63s don't seem as bad in £/year as GU10s, but I'm surprised at the
2-year life (maybe 40 W ones last longer than 60 W).

SES Energy Saving Bulbs ? the_constructor[_2_] UK diy 3 December 24th 09 01:08 PM
so why do energy saving bulbs john UK diy 8 November 9th 06 09:14 AM
Energy Saving Bulbs ken r UK diy 13 May 2nd 06 08:21 PM
Energy Saving Bulbs RedOnRed UK diy 1 May 1st 06 11:20 AM
Energy Saving Bulbs The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 0 April 30th 06 11:49 PM