Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SES Energy Saving Bulbs ?

Where can I get some SES Energy Saving bulbs equivalent to 60w please ?

Jim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

the_constructor wrote:
Where can I get some SES Energy Saving bulbs equivalent to 60w please ?

Jim

Hmmm... me googles

"small edison screw low energy bulbs 60w"

or

"E14 low energy bulbs 60w"

Lots of places, but only Santa has guaranteed next day delivery ...

--
Adrian C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Dec 24, 11:36*am, Adrian C wrote:
the_constructor wrote:
Where can I get some SES Energy Saving bulbs equivalent to 60w please ?

Jim

Hmmm... me googles

"small edison screw low energy bulbs 60w"

or

"E14 low energy bulbs 60w"

Lots of places, but only Santa has guaranteed next day delivery ...

You'll need 15-18w for genuine equivalence

NT
Posted to uk.d-i-y

the_constructor wrote:

Where can I get some SES Energy Saving bulbs equivalent to 60w please ?

Nowhere. The manufacturers claims are rubbish. One thing to note is that
the lying scum compare the output of their useless, poisonous,
planet-destroying lightbulbs with "Softone" (i.e. painted all over so
that they hardly let any light through) bulbs, not "pearl" bulbs. Even
then, the lying scum tell enormous pork pie lies.

In the USA, they are prohibited from claiming equivalence greater than
3x the actual wattage of the CFL and there are moves to reduce that to
2x. Hence a CFL equivalent to a 60W bulb must be 20W or greater in the
USA. Here they can put on whatever rubbish they choose to make us, so
it's common to see 15W or lower CFLs claimed to be "equivalent" to a 60W
bulb.

Energy Saving Bulbs ken r UK diy 13 May 2nd 06 08:21 PM
Energy Saving Bulbs Malcolm Stewart UK diy 11 May 1st 06 06:53 PM
Energy Saving Bulbs Guy King UK diy 0 May 1st 06 12:27 AM
Energy Saving Bulbs Guy King UK diy 0 May 1st 06 12:27 AM
Energy Saving Bulbs The3rd Earl Of Derby UK diy 0 April 30th 06 11:49 PM