Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default TV as monitor.

After all my re-jigging, I'm left with an 'HD ready' 23" widescreen TV
with a broken digital tuner. It's a Humax LU23-TD2. The line fed picture
is pretty good. So I thought I'd use it as a monitor to replace the
elderly 4:3 one on the 'spare' computer setup. I'm happy with moderate
resolutions.

The spec says it does 4 resolutions - all VESA. It has the standard VGA D
connector.

640 x 480 31.5 kHz 60Hz
800 x 600 37.9 ""
1024 x 768 48.4 ""
1280 x 768 48.1 ""

But I want it to work with an Acorn RPC via a KVM switch as well as the PC
as per the existing setup. It works with the PC (on the resolutions within
its spec) but nothing at all on the Acorn. And I've made up a monitor
definition file for the Acorn to conform to those VESA specs.

Others on an Acorn list have sent me MDFs which should work - but nothing,
just a blue screen with 'resolution not supported'

I'd not be surprised to find a minor timing error which would need further
tweaking, but would love to know why nothing at all.

I've even rigged the the monitor and TV via a pro VGA DA so I can be
absolutely sure the same signal is getting to both. No difference.

Any clues? Obviously all the standard things like sync polarity etc have
been tried. Although that's part of the VESA spec anyway.

--
*DON'T SWEAT THE PETTY THINGS AND DON'T PET THE SWEATY THINGS.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Using laptop monitor to replace BARCO monitor [email protected] Electronics Repair 3 June 12th 05 06:19 PM
lcd monitor pedro Electronics Repair 1 April 25th 05 03:32 AM
help needed: Panasonic monitor Panasync E70i 17" monitor Aslaner Electronics Repair 1 October 10th 04 06:16 PM
IIYAMA Monitor model : S102GT, and DELL P1110, are they the same monitor? private person Electronics Repair 0 February 24th 04 08:57 PM
Monitor fix --- help E-Star Electronics Repair 0 August 19th 03 12:19 AM