Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What are these upvc window parts?

Just had two upvc tilt-and-turn windows delivered. Each one came with four of these parts:

http://tinypic.com/r/otiweg/8

Any idea what they are? They're 10cm long and 1cm deep and about 4.5cm front to back.

I can't see any part of the frame or opener that they interlock with.

I found the manufacturer's specifiers' guide online which identifies them (very helpfully) as "ancillaries, mouldings." LMO301 on page 13:

http://easyfitwindow.com/Liniar_Specifiers_Guide.pdf

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mike" wrote in message
Just had two upvc tilt-and-turn windows delivered. Each one came with
four of these parts:

http://tinypic.com/r/otiweg/8

Any idea what they are? They're 10cm long and 1cm deep and about 4.5cm
front to back.

I can't see any part of the frame or opener that they interlock with.

I found the manufacturer's specifiers' guide online which identifies them
(very helpfully) as "ancillaries, mouldings." LMO301 on page 13:

http://easyfitwindow.com/Liniar_Specifiers_Guide.pdf

They look like the shims used between wall and frame during istallation.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday 03 February 2014 11:34 harryagain wrote in uk.d-i-y:

"mike" wrote in message
Just had two upvc tilt-and-turn windows delivered. Each one came
with four of these parts:

http://tinypic.com/r/otiweg/8

Any idea what they are? They're 10cm long and 1cm deep and about
4.5cm front to back.

I can't see any part of the frame or opener that they interlock with.

I found the manufacturer's specifiers' guide online which identifies
them
(very helpfully) as "ancillaries, mouldings." LMO301 on page 13:

http://easyfitwindow.com/Liniar_Specifiers_Guide.pdf

They look like the shims used between wall and frame during
istallation.

Look more like bridge packers (used at the bottom and sometimes round
the side of the recess where the glazing fits).

It's hard to be sure frm that drawing. Bridge packers can be generic or
they can be made to clip into a particular frame which then it would
make sense they had a part number.

http://www.sensorly.com/ Crowd mapping of 2G/3G/4G mobile signal
coverage

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Tim Watts wrote in news:qlb4sa-79i.ln1
@squidward.local.dionic.net:

"mike" wrote in message
[...]

Do they fit into the rebate below an opening sash to take some of the
weight to prevent the sash from dropping?

--

DerbyBorn

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"mike" wrote:

LMO301 on page 13:

http://easyfitwindow.com/Liniar_Specifiers_Guide.pdf

They look like the shims used between wall and frame during
istallation.

Look more like bridge packers (used at the bottom and sometimes round
the side of the recess where the glazing fits).

They don't look like either the bridge packers, or the shims from my
windows, but then mine were not tilt&turn, and I suppose each
manufacturer is different

It's hard to be sure frm that drawing. Bridge packers can be generic or
they can be made to clip into a particular frame which then it would
make sense they had a part number.

Guess, you'll have to contact the supplier ...

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"Andy Burns" wrote in message
o.uk...

"mike" wrote:

LMO301 on page 13:

http://easyfitwindow.com/Liniar_Specifiers_Guide.pdf

They look like the shims used between wall and frame during
istallation.

Look more like bridge packers (used at the bottom and sometimes round
the side of the recess where the glazing fits).

They don't look like either the bridge packers, or the shims from my
windows, but then mine were not tilt&turn, and I suppose each manufacturer
is different

It's hard to be sure frm that drawing. Bridge packers can be generic or
they can be made to clip into a particular frame which then it would
make sense they had a part number.

Guess, you'll have to contact the supplier ...

WTF.

Almost as bad as asking for directions !!

Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, February 3, 2014 3:37:34 PM UTC, Baz wrote:
"Andy Burns" wrote in message

o.uk...

"mike" wrote:

LMO301 on page 13:

http://easyfitwindow.com/Liniar_Specifiers_Guide.pdf

They look like the shims used between wall and frame during

istallation.

Look more like bridge packers (used at the bottom and sometimes round

the side of the recess where the glazing fits).

They don't look like either the bridge packers, or the shims from my

windows, but then mine were not tilt&turn, and I suppose each manufacturer

is different

It's hard to be sure frm that drawing. Bridge packers can be generic or

they can be made to clip into a particular frame which then it would

make sense they had a part number.

Guess, you'll have to contact the supplier ...

WTF.

Almost as bad as asking for directions !!

Baz

Thanks for all the replies.

I swallowed my pride and rang the manufacturer.

They clip into the sash to support the packers when the unit is toed and heeled.

I didn't think there was room for them in the sash but obviously there is. The chap at tech services was very friendly anyway.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

mike wrote:
Just had two upvc tilt-and-turn windows delivered. Each one came
with four of these parts:

http://tinypic.com/r/otiweg/8

Any idea what they are? They're 10cm long and 1cm deep and about
4.5cm front to back.

I can't see any part of the frame or opener that they interlock with.

I found the manufacturer's specifiers' guide online which identifies
them (very helpfully) as "ancillaries, mouldings." LMO301 on page
13:

http://easyfitwindow.com/Liniar_Specifiers_Guide.pdf

They're run up blocks, sometimes used to square up the sash in the frame if
it needs it.
Most fitters throw them away on sight, you can keep them in your shed for
future requirements, and then throw them away at a later date.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, February 3, 2014 4:04:39 PM UTC, Phil L wrote:
mike wrote:

Just had two upvc tilt-and-turn windows delivered. Each one came

with four of these parts:

http://tinypic.com/r/otiweg/8

Any idea what they are? They're 10cm long and 1cm deep and about

4.5cm front to back.

I can't see any part of the frame or opener that they interlock with.

I found the manufacturer's specifiers' guide online which identifies

them (very helpfully) as "ancillaries, mouldings." LMO301 on page

13:

http://easyfitwindow.com/Liniar_Specifiers_Guide.pdf

They're run up blocks, sometimes used to square up the sash in the frame if

it needs it.

Most fitters throw them away on sight, you can keep them in your shed for

future requirements, and then throw them away at a later date.

Quote from somewhere suggesting they may a a security related application:

Our Run-up blocks are designed to clip fit. They are also engineered with sturdy side-walls which gives additional strength - a must in PAS001/BS7950 security tests where they work as anti-lift devices.

Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

sm_jamieson wrote:

On Monday, February 3, 2014 4:04:39 PM UTC, Phil L wrote:

mike wrote:

http://tinypic.com/r/otiweg/8
Any idea what they are?

They're run up blocks, sometimes used to square up the sash in the frame if
it needs it.

Quote from somewhere suggesting they may a a security related application:

If they were suggesting they were anti-jemmy blocks, those are more
substantial from what I've seen ...

Sticking upvc window ss UK diy 7 August 2nd 13 12:05 AM
uPVC Window Frame- Oriel (Bay) Window DerbyBorn[_4_] UK diy 1 February 20th 13 01:50 PM
UPVc Bay window - structural? Richard Conway[_2_] UK diy 1 July 27th 10 08:06 PM
uPVC Window fixings - large window - how many? Tim Watts UK diy 18 June 8th 10 11:22 PM
UPVC WINDOW [email protected] UK diy 4 January 4th 09 10:45 PM