Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default uPVC Window Frame- Oriel (Bay) Window

I need to have a wooden window replaced but have been disappointed by the
uPVC offerings as the corner posts are quite a large cross section (4"x4")
Within these posts would be fitted a frame and within this frame the
opening sashes would be fitted. As the whole window is not very big, I feel
that too much area would be taken up by uPVC rather then glass.

My current window frame has the sashes mounted directly onto the corner
posts and appears more slender than the uPVC offerings I have seen so far.

Any ideas on whether anyone supplies anything neater for this application?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

DerbyBorn wrote in
18.142:

I need to have a wooden window replaced but have been disappointed by
the uPVC offerings as the corner posts are quite a large cross section
(4"x4") Within these posts would be fitted a frame and within this
frame the opening sashes would be fitted. As the whole window is not
very big, I feel that too much area would be taken up by uPVC rather
then glass.

My current window frame has the sashes mounted directly onto the
corner posts and appears more slender than the uPVC offerings I have
seen so far.

Any ideas on whether anyone supplies anything neater for this
application?

Perhaps a "Box Bay Window" - Like a bay window but doesn't reach the
ground. A projecting squared protruding window supported by a wooden
bracket.