Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Where to get hook plates etc for lighting?

I have checked out the usual suspects such as Screwfix, Toolstation.

Not one has a sufficient range of fittings such as TLC doesn't stock
conduit hooks and Newey and Eyre sell things in lots of 100s whereas I
would prefer 10s!

Others have excruciating delivery charges.

If anyone has an online favourite supplier of electrical lighting
accessories I would like to hear who they are!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Fredxxx writes:
I have checked out the usual suspects such as Screwfix, Toolstation.

Not one has a sufficient range of fittings such as TLC doesn't stock
conduit hooks and Newey and Eyre sell things in lots of 100s whereas I
would prefer 10s!

Others have excruciating delivery charges.

If anyone has an online favourite supplier of electrical lighting
accessories I would like to hear who they are!

20 years ago, I got a couple from ERD or Edmundson Electrical
(electrical wholesalers). Steel conduit fittings are not stocked
as much nowadays as they were then, but a google search for
conduit hook plates still turns up lots, including on ebay.

--
Andrew Gabriel
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 28/01/2014 22:34, Andrew Gabriel wrote:
In article ,
Fredxxx writes:
I have checked out the usual suspects such as Screwfix, Toolstation.

Not one has a sufficient range of fittings such as TLC doesn't stock
conduit hooks and Newey and Eyre sell things in lots of 100s whereas I
would prefer 10s!

Others have excruciating delivery charges.

If anyone has an online favourite supplier of electrical lighting
accessories I would like to hear who they are!

20 years ago, I got a couple from ERD or Edmundson Electrical
(electrical wholesalers). Steel conduit fittings are not stocked
as much nowadays as they were then, but a google search for
conduit hook plates still turns up lots, including on ebay.

There is one local to me that I wasn't aware of.

They were a little pricey and didn't have one of the items I needed in
stock despite showing as "in stock" on their screens!

By saying that there would be stock next Tuesday suggests they only have
weekly deliveries!

Many thanks for the suggestion.

Replace the 'hook' velcro on a hook & loop multifunction sanding accessory... blueman Woodworking 6 December 7th 11 01:02 PM
SKY HOOK - PDF J T Woodworking 7 September 7th 07 06:11 PM
kitchen lighting: track system with pendant lighting [email protected] UK diy 4 October 30th 06 11:02 PM
Face plates or face plates rings? Peter Holt Woodturning 16 June 24th 05 02:40 PM
DVD Hook up Harry Collingwood Electronics Repair 4 June 3rd 05 06:15 PM