Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Rechargeable battery supplier

I have seen somewhere here references to companies that supply odd-ball
rechargeable batteries, and I am looking for a battery to fit an old
Bosch screwdriver, which is now not listed.
I would appreciate suggestions of suitable suppliers. I need a company
that knows what to supply given the model info., rather than a generic
cell supplier, such as Maplins, as there is no old battery to measure.
Any helpful suggestions welcomed.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Davey wrote:
I have seen somewhere here references to companies that supply odd-ball
rechargeable batteries, and I am looking for a battery to fit an old
Bosch screwdriver, which is now not listed.
I would appreciate suggestions of suitable suppliers. I need a company
that knows what to supply given the model info., rather than a generic
cell supplier, such as Maplins, as there is no old battery to measure.
Any helpful suggestions welcomed.

It will probably be easier and even cheaper to just buy a new screwdriver
complete.

However, you could try:-

http://www.recellyourbattery.com/

--
*Caution: I drive like you do.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 13:41:10 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Plowman (News)" wrote:

In article ,
Davey wrote:
I have seen somewhere here references to companies that supply
odd-ball rechargeable batteries, and I am looking for a battery to
fit an old Bosch screwdriver, which is now not listed.
I would appreciate suggestions of suitable suppliers. I need a
company that knows what to supply given the model info., rather
than a generic cell supplier, such as Maplins, as there is no old
battery to measure. Any helpful suggestions welcomed.

It will probably be easier and even cheaper to just buy a new
screwdriver complete.

Could well be, and I am prepared for that. This one was bequeathed to
me by a friend, so I would like to at least try to reatore it, for
sentimental reasons. However.......

However, you could try:-

http://www.recellyourbattery.com/

Will do, thanks.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 22:58:08 +0000
Davey wrote:

It will probably be easier and even cheaper to just buy a new
screwdriver complete.

Correct. But thanks for the link, it is worth keeping.

--
Davey.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 12:32:28 +0000, Davey wrote:

I need a company that knows what to supply given the model info., rather
than a generic cell supplier, such as Maplins, as there is no old
battery to measure.

Are there not enough clues to make an educated guess as to what it
needs? Voltage on the rating plate. Size of empty battery
compartment, etc google for the model may well produce other useful
snippets of information, maybe even a parts list or service manual.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 22:39:01 +0000 (GMT)
"Dave Liquorice" wrote:

On Mon, 2 Dec 2013 12:32:28 +0000, Davey wrote:

I need a company that knows what to supply given the model info.,
rather than a generic cell supplier, such as Maplins, as there is
no old battery to measure.

Are there not enough clues to make an educated guess as to what it
needs? Voltage on the rating plate. Size of empty battery
compartment, etc google for the model may well produce other useful
snippets of information, maybe even a parts list or service manual.

Yes, if I don't find the info. from a battery supplier, then I will do
that. I had tried Bosch Parts, and all I get is that it's out of date.
I need a battery supplier for another project, so thought that I would
ask for a good one, and start there. If the actual battery required is
known by somebody, I would prefer that over tying to figure out what's
needed.
One step at a time.
--
Davey.