Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT; Tesco rip off

I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. Widely available in every corner shop for 99p. In fact,
the can has 99p printed all around the top.

Couple of weeks ago, saw them in Tesco, without the 99p printing, at
£1:39! That's 40% over the going rate!

What a surprise, today in Tesco they are on offer at £1, "save 39p".

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. Widely available in every corner shop for 99p. In fact,
the can has 99p printed all around the top.

Couple of weeks ago, saw them in Tesco, without the 99p printing, at
£1:39! That's 40% over the going rate!

What a surprise, today in Tesco they are on offer at £1, "save 39p".

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.....

Many of the main supermarkets seem to be offering branded coffee at a
special price of £4 (200mg) which the pound shops and down market
freezer food stores have been selling for between £2.25 and £2.50 for
the past year (and are still doing so).

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. Widely available in every corner shop for 99p. In fact,
the can has 99p printed all around the top.

Couple of weeks ago, saw them in Tesco, without the 99p printing, at
£1:39! That's 40% over the going rate!

It appears to be the going rate for the cans without the 99p price
printed on them. This is just one example I quickly found:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rockstar-Reg.../dp/B0048F7HCM

What a surprise, today in Tesco they are on offer at £1, "save 39p".

Asda also list them at £1.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The Medway Handyman wrote:
I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. Widely available in every corner shop for 99p. In fact,
the can has 99p printed all around the top.

Couple of weeks ago, saw them in Tesco, without the 99p printing, at
£1:39! That's 40% over the going rate!

What a surprise, today in Tesco they are on offer at £1, "save 39p".

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.....

A fair price for sugary junk. Nobody is making you buy it.

Tim
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2013 18:00, Nightjar wrote:
I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. Widely available in every corner shop for 99p. In fact,
the can has 99p printed all around the top.

Couple of weeks ago, saw them in Tesco, without the 99p printing, at
£1:39! That's 40% over the going rate!

It appears to be the going rate for the cans without the 99p price
printed on them. This is just one example I quickly found:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rockstar-Reg.../dp/B0048F7HCM

What a surprise, today in Tesco they are on offer at £1, "save 39p".

Asda also list them at £1.

The can shown on the Amazon page has "double size" on the side (and is
500 ml). Are those with 99P printed on them only 250ml?

--
Old Codger
e-mail use reply to field

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 16:52:18 +0000, alan wrote:

Many of the main supermarkets seem to be offering branded coffee at a
special price of £4 (200mg) which the pound shops and down market
freezer food stores have been selling for between £2.25 and £2.50 for
the past year (and are still doing so).

Think I'd rather be ripped of for 39p by Tesco than 1.25 to 1.50 in
the pound shop. B-)

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

news
wrote:

Many of the main supermarkets seem to be offering branded coffee at a
special price of £4 (200mg)

Bloody hell, that IS expensive! :-)

my current local (aldi look-alike) shop is selling Nescafe Gold Blend at
Euro 6.99, and that's this week's special offer

I buy Tesco/Sainsbury's own brand freeze dried for 2.95 and bring it with me
each time I fly here (I actually do that in spite of the price because I
don't like the taste of the local blends)

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Dave Liquorice" wrote in message
ll.co.uk...
On Sun, 01 Dec 2013 16:52:18 +0000, alan wrote:

Many of the main supermarkets seem to be offering branded coffee at a
special price of £4 (200mg) which the pound shops and down market
freezer food stores have been selling for between £2.25 and £2.50 for
the past year (and are still doing so).

Think I'd rather be ripped of for 39p by Tesco than 1.25 to 1.50 in
the pound shop. B-)

--------------------------------------
I didn't get that either

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Tim+" wrote in message
The Medway Handyman wrote:
I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. Widely available in every corner shop for 99p. In fact,
the can has 99p printed all around the top.

Couple of weeks ago, saw them in Tesco, without the 99p printing, at
£1:39! That's 40% over the going rate!

What a surprise, today in Tesco they are on offer at £1, "save 39p".

At least Dick Turpin wore a mask.....

A fair price for sugary junk. Nobody is making you buy it.

Ah but it's suggary junk with "wings"

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message ...

is that why you are so fat you can't ride a bike

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc

Judith wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

is that why you are so fat you can't ride a bike

LOL.....

---
protection is active. http://www.avast.com

you can turn that ^ advertising **** off you know

-

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 01/12/2013 18:53, Old Codger wrote:
On 01/12/2013 18:00, Nightjar wrote:
I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. Widely available in every corner shop for 99p. In fact,
the can has 99p printed all around the top.

Couple of weeks ago, saw them in Tesco, without the 99p printing, at
£1:39! That's 40% over the going rate!

It appears to be the going rate for the cans without the 99p price
printed on them. This is just one example I quickly found:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Rockstar-Reg.../dp/B0048F7HCM

What a surprise, today in Tesco they are on offer at £1, "save 39p".

Asda also list them at £1.

The can shown on the Amazon page has "double size" on the side (and is 500 ml). Are those with 99P printed on them only 250ml?

It would seem not, from this page, which sells 500ml cans
'marked 99p' at £11.88 for 12 and has yet another price for
some 500ml cans at £12.99 for 12:

http://www.americansweets.co.uk/rock...inks-252-c.asp

I suspect the double size is a comparison to other brands,
although I don't drink them myself, so cannot say for certain.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I was just in Asda and I saw the usual checkout guy from my local Tesco
Express doing his weekly shop!

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc

On 01/12/2013 21:16, Judith wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message

is that why you are so fat you can't ride a bike

I'm too intelligent to want to ride a bike...

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc

On Sun, 1 Dec 2013 21:16:25 -0000, "Judith" wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message ...

is that why you are so fat you can't ride a bike

---

Said the Astraweb forger.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. ...

Perhaps you should read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25156509

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message ...

On 01/12/2013 21:16, Judith wrote:
I'm too intelligent to want to ride a bike...

to fat to ride more like thats why you stuff youre fat face with energy
drinks

dont matter too much you will be dead soon with a heart attack

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc

"Judith" wrote in message

On Sun, 1 Dec 2013 21:16:25 -0000, "Judith"
wrote:

how can you forge something that does not exist

It was on this newsgroup that I met legend and warrior Peter Turtill,
slayer of trolls and champion of the disabled... I salute you sir.

It was here on this newsgroup that I met a beast of a troll called
Anthony Bournes, a racist, gay-bashing, naturist with a fondness to
have sex with handicapped children. A man who spends most of his life
posting to a couple of dead newsgroups on the internet, talking to
himself via his many sock puppets and having fantasies about having sex
with me, Peter Turtill or with disabled children. A nasty unhappy
creature is Anthony Bournes, a low creature that infests Andover and
the real life equivalent of Golum in Lord of Rings, except more
pathetic. His "precious" is not his wife or daughter, who I am told
hate him, but something small that he yanks out and rubs the moment
someone mentions me, Turtill or disabled children.

Anthony Bournes has given probation officers, the police and CPS a real
headache in his obsession, and it is surprising someone has not
sectioned him yet under the mental health act. Perhaps one day this
mental case will be locked up for his own safety with his stunted
"precious" to keep him company.

I have asked is it worth going after this pathetic creature called
Anthony Bournes through the courts. He is old, mentally disabled and
nothing more than worthless trash, not worth wasting any more of my
life on. So I will not waste any more time on this piece of rubbish,
however I will post on h2009.com a full article on this troll called
Anthony Bournes, so that Peter Turtill can post a link to it to warn
other people about this Bournes vermin.

To Peter Turtill. It has been an honour knowing you. Likewise, Bournes
has tried to paint a negative picture of you, but your strength and
honour shines forth like a blazing sun and chases away any of the
shadows that the troll has tried to paint you as. Again, a small
dedication to you Peter sir shall be made on h2009.com to mark a true
disabled champion. I know that you will go from strength to strength.
You owned Anthony Bournes and Derek Hornby, and as your enemies rot and
die in their own decay you will go from strength to strength, in a
long, happy and successful life.

To the Haverhill Town Council. You got owned by the disabled today in
court. Gordon Mussett, you are an arrogant fool, forcing terminally ill
disabled elderly ladies to go to court after your council discriminates
against them, and in which you played a significant part in, you are
inhuman and without any honour sir. That disabled lady owned you, and
perhaps if you ever suffer terminal cancer you will remember that brave
disabled lady, because she does not deserve the sort of treatment you
gave to her, she does not deserve to be dying of cancer. If there is
any justice in the world I hope that the disabled lady beats the
cancer, and instead you experience disability and this cancer, and
suffer discrimination to see how you like it.

I started posting here in this newsgroup highlighting the
discrimination of disabled people by Haverhill Town Council. I now with
the disabled victory in the courts against Haverhill Town Council today
now end my time in this newsgroup.

I believe Uenet to be all but dead, mostly now infested with
the many accounts of the troll Anthony Bournes.

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc

"Judith" wrote in message

On Sun, 1 Dec 2013 21:16:25 -0000, "Judith"
wrote:

how can you forge something that does not exist bournes

[...]

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2013 02:33, Basil Jet wrote:

I was just in Asda and I saw the usual checkout guy from my local Tesco
Express doing his weekly shop!

I know a couple of Sainsbury workers who shop in Asda, its cheaper than
using their staff discount.
Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc

On 02/12/2013 10:11, J wrote:

"The Medway Handyman" wrote in message ...

On 01/12/2013 21:16, Judith wrote:
I'm too intelligent to want to ride a bike...

to fat to ride more like thats why you stuff youre fat face with energy
drinks

dont matter too much you will be dead soon with a heart attack

Better than being squashed by an HGV.

Posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.cycling,uk.politics.misc

On 02/12/2013 10:11, J wrote:

Better than being squashed by an HGV.

dont go swimming fatso watch out for people with harpoons

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2013 08:51, Nightjar wrote:
I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. ...

Perhaps you should read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25156509

Colin Bignell

Perhaps you should read this
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsul...e-than-coffee/

Energy drinks contain similar/lower levels of caffeine than does coffee.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"dennis@home" wrote in message
eb.com...
On 02/12/2013 02:33, Basil Jet wrote:

I was just in Asda and I saw the usual checkout guy from my local Tesco
Express doing his weekly shop!

I know a couple of Sainsbury workers who shop in Asda, its cheaper than
using their staff discount.

dunno what they put in they trolley, but nothing that I ever price checked
in there was any cheaper

rim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 02/12/2013 08:51, Nightjar wrote:
I'm partial to those RockStar energy drinks - sort of Red Bull meets
fruit juice. ...

Perhaps you should read this:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-25156509

Colin Bignell

Perhaps you should read this
http://www.forbes.com/sites/jacobsul...e-than-coffee/

Energy drinks contain similar/lower levels of caffeine than does coffee.

I don't see what relevance that has to the measured results on the heart
after taking the drink.

Colin Bignell
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Mon, 02 Dec 2013 16:56:08 +0000, "dennis@home"
wrote:

On 02/12/2013 02:33, Basil Jet wrote:

I was just in Asda and I saw the usual checkout guy from my local Tesco
Express doing his weekly shop!

I know a couple of Sainsbury workers who shop in Asda, its cheaper than
using their staff discount.

It'll also be be quicker to drive a few miles than wait to be processed by the
couple of checkouts Sainsburys deem sufficient when there is a 1000 place car
park rammed solid outside and the customers are queuing halfway down the aisles.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 02/12/2013 02:33, Basil Jet wrote:

I was just in Asda and I saw the usual checkout guy from my local Tesco
Express doing his weekly shop!

I know a couple of Sainsbury workers who shop in Asda, its cheaper than
using their staff discount.

It'll also be be quicker to drive a few miles than wait to be processed by the
couple of checkouts Sainsburys deem sufficient when there is a 1000 place car
park rammed solid outside and the customers are queuing halfway down the aisles.

What with the Lidls £3.99 perfume that's indistinguishable from Chanel,
and Aldi mince pies rated higher than Fortnums, "you get what you pay
for" is beginning to have a slightly hollow ring about it.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 02/12/2013 02:33, Basil Jet wrote:

I was just in Asda and I saw the usual checkout guy from my
local Tesco Express doing his weekly shop!

I know a couple of Sainsbury workers who shop in Asda, its
cheaper than using their staff discount.

It'll also be be quicker to drive a few miles than wait to be
processed by the couple of checkouts Sainsburys deem sufficient
when there is a 1000 place car park rammed solid outside and the
customers are queuing halfway down the aisles.

What with the Lidls £3.99 perfume that's indistinguishable from
Chanel, and Aldi mince pies rated higher than Fortnums, "you get what
you pay for" is beginning to have a slightly hollow ring about it.

You always get what you pay for, sometimes its the price of the product,
sometimes its the price of the brand.

Women want expensive perfume because its expensive not because it smells
nice.
People shop at Fortnams to show others they can a££ord to not because
the stuff is better.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

What with the Lidls £3.99 perfume that's indistinguishable from
Chanel, and Aldi mince pies rated higher than Fortnums, "you get what
you pay for" is beginning to have a slightly hollow ring about it.

You always get what you pay for, sometimes its the price of the product,
sometimes its the price of the brand.

Women want expensive perfume because its expensive not because it smells
nice.
People shop at Fortnams to show others they can a££ord to not because
the stuff is better.

I quite enjoy hunting out the cheapest. Having to search for the most
expensive would be depressing.
You have to admire Ikea, who have somehow removed the stigma of buying
cheap. Everyone, rich or poor, shuffles round there at some time in
their lives.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 04/12/2013 11:11, dennis@home wrote:

You always get what you pay for,
sometimes its the price of the brand.

For many decades it has been common place to sell the same items with
different branding. Some people are still prepared to pay a lot more for
certain brands even though the price may be a lot lower with a different
badge.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan" wrote in message
On 04/12/2013 11:11, dennis@home wrote:

You always get what you pay for,
sometimes its the price of the brand.

For many decades it has been common place to sell the same items with
different branding. Some people are still prepared to pay a lot more for
certain brands even though the price may be a lot lower with a different
badge.

That'll be the Sainsburys shoppers

---

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/12/2013 00:12, bm wrote:
"alan" wrote in message
On 04/12/2013 11:11, dennis@home wrote:

You always get what you pay for,
sometimes its the price of the brand.

For many decades it has been common place to sell the same items with
different branding. Some people are still prepared to pay a lot more for
certain brands even though the price may be a lot lower with a different
badge.

That'll be the Sainsburys shoppers

---

The main reason Lidl and Aldi top my list of fave shops is that they
don't play games with you. Sainsburys are constantly trying to befuddle
you with offers

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/12/2013 00:12, bm wrote:
"alan" wrote in message
On 04/12/2013 11:11, dennis@home wrote:

You always get what you pay for,
sometimes its the price of the brand.

For many decades it has been common place to sell the same items with
different branding. Some people are still prepared to pay a lot more for
certain brands even though the price may be a lot lower with a different
badge.

That'll be the Sainsburys shoppers

As some comedian said "I love Sainsburys - it keeps the Riff-Raff out
of Waitrose"

--
Chris
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"alan" wrote in message
On 04/12/2013 11:11, dennis@home wrote:

You always get what you pay for,
sometimes its the price of the brand.

For many decades it has been common place to sell the same items with
different branding. Some people are still prepared to pay a lot more for
certain brands even though the price may be a lot lower with a different
badge.

If you want spares for your VW you can buy exactly the same part in the
Skoda dealership for half the price

tim

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 07 Dec 2013 10:27:11 +0000, stuart noble
wrote:

On 07/12/2013 00:12, bm wrote:
"alan" wrote in message
On 04/12/2013 11:11, dennis@home wrote:

You always get what you pay for,
sometimes its the price of the brand.

For many decades it has been common place to sell the same items with
different branding. Some people are still prepared to pay a lot more for
certain brands even though the price may be a lot lower with a different
badge.

That'll be the Sainsburys shoppers

The main reason Lidl and Aldi top my list of fave shops is that they
don't play games with you. Sainsburys are constantly trying to befuddle
you with offers

Agreed. I saw a "great" offer in Sainsburys recently. 1 pack of (3)
red onions is normally 90p. The next week there was an offer buy two
packs for £2! [1]

I only shop there because it is the closest supermarket.

[1] I buy loose onions -- much cheaper.
--
(\__/) M.
(")_(") is he still wrong?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 07/12/2013 00:12, bm wrote:
"alan" wrote in message
On 04/12/2013 11:11, dennis@home wrote:

You always get what you pay for,
sometimes its the price of the brand.

For many decades it has been common place to sell the same items
with different branding. Some people are still prepared to pay a
lot more for certain brands even though the price may be a lot
lower with a different badge.

That'll be the Sainsburys shoppers

The main reason Lidl and Aldi top my list of fave shops is that they
don't play games with you. Sainsburys are constantly trying to
befuddle you with offers

Agreed. I saw a "great" offer in Sainsburys recently. 1 pack of (3)
red onions is normally 90p. The next week there was an offer buy two
packs for #2! [1]

I only shop there because it is the closest supermarket.

[1] I buy loose onions -- much cheaper.

Are you sure? ;-)

Most of the time buying loose is cheaper but in Morrisons yesterday sprouts
were £2.49 a kg loose or £1 for 500gm prepacked.

Tim

Tesco, OT Tim Lamb[_2_] UK diy 24 September 7th 13 04:32 PM
Tesco diy Tabby UK diy 4 November 17th 10 10:05 PM
Tesco CFL's Alho[_2_] UK diy 51 December 2nd 09 06:07 PM
Tesco 24v drill Uncle Nick UK diy 8 January 31st 07 09:05 AM
Tesco CFL John UK diy 2 December 31st 06 11:18 PM