Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default nuclear power

http://www.mattridley.co.uk/blog/why...s-so-much.aspx
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Bill Wright" wrote in message
http://www.mattridley.co.uk/blog/why...s-so-much.aspx

So the ex-chairman of Northern Rock (at the time it went bust) is your new
prophet/nuclear expert?
Qualifications in zoolology.
Riiiiiiiiiight.

You need to check out your authors background before you accept any blurb
that fit's in with what you hope is the truth.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 03 Nov 2013 05:35:13 +0000, Bill Wright
wrote:

http://www.mattridley.co.uk/blog/why...s-so-much.aspx

As anyone who has worked on a nuclear site would no doubt verify, the
time wasting and mismanagement is unbelievable. The number of
abandoned visits made because someone on site hasn't notified the
gate, or some paper clip merchant can't be bothered to turn up for
work on the day was something I lost count of.

It would be so much easier if they stuck the reactor and heat
exchangers half a mile away, left all the security personnel and other
plonkers to guard the place. Then dropped a nice "safe" coal or gas
fired boiler into position for the generators.

I'm sure if everything was actually brought to the publics notice
including the bottomless pit of taxpayers money used to line the
pockets of those fighting "terrorism", nuclear would not be a
consideration for the forseeable future.

If anyone thinks energy is expensive, just look at the waste. Power is
squandered and probably for the same reason we want nuclear power
stations. No individual relates the expense to themselves personally.
All those nice pretty lights in the cities and the new power station
are a long way away from Ones personal meter reading.

Resistance[Ohmic] generation is the true way forward!

AB

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/13 08:46, harryagain wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
http://www.mattridley.co.uk/blog/why...s-so-much.aspx

So the ex-chairman of Northern Rock (at the time it went bust) is your new
prophet/nuclear expert?
Qualifications in zoolology.
Riiiiiiiiiight.

You need to check out your authors background before you accept any blurb
that fit's in with what you hope is the truth.

so whats your background harry? a boiler tender and loo attendant?

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/2013 05:35, Bill Wright wrote:
http://www.mattridley.co.uk/blog/why...s-so-much.aspx

An interesting thought is that with a bunch of small reactors on one
site, losing the power lines wouldn't hurt quite so much - leave one
running to power the pumps on the rest, and don't burn all that diesel.

You'd also be able to keep a flatter output, as you could cycle the
maintenance around the site. I think I like the idea.

Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/11/13 08:46, harryagain wrote:
"Bill Wright" wrote in message
http://www.mattridley.co.uk/blog/why...s-so-much.aspx

So the ex-chairman of Northern Rock (at the time it went bust) is your
new
prophet/nuclear expert?
Qualifications in zoolology.
Riiiiiiiiiight.

You need to check out your authors background before you accept any
blurb
that fit's in with what you hope is the truth.

so whats your background harry? a boiler tender and loo attendant?

HE was an efficiency expert at the NHS which explains why the NHS wastes
so much.
If the NHS were as efficient as a residential property we could probably
save 30,000 windmills.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , Brian Gaff
writes

I'm still suggesting using the reactors from redundant submarines myself.

What shape are they going to be in when you get them off the sea bed?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...ear_submarines

http://www.nucleardiner.com/archive/...-to-raise-two-
nuclear-submarine-s-reactors-from-sea-floor

http://www.bellona.org/articles/arti..._research_trip

http://www.businessinsider.com/this-...-of-its-dated-
nuclear-submarines-2012-9

http://www.bellona.org/articles/arti..._reveals_dumps

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

Nuclear Power DerbyBorn[_4_] UK diy 14 October 25th 13 05:56 PM
Nuclear power at 10p unit Michael Chare[_2_] UK diy 49 October 24th 13 12:23 AM
OT Nuclear power harry UK diy 72 June 5th 13 06:10 PM
the UK IS doing something with nuclear power.. The Natural Philosopher[_2_] UK diy 4 January 9th 13 04:31 PM
A considered and sensible look at Nuclear Power The Wanderer[_2_] UK diy 15 March 31st 11 01:27 PM