Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default HELP - Leaking Roof

On Tuesday, July 4, 2000 8:00:00 AM UTC+1, wrote:
My roof has been leaking for a short while and have finally got around
to locating the source. Having run a few "hosepipe tests", it looks as
though it is leaking where 2 pieces of lead flashing meet.

In summary, we have an extension onto the back of the house such that
the roof runs perpendicular to the house roof. Therefore, the slope of
the roof runs the other way - if you see what I mean! The lead
flasshing valley that runs along the joint of the 2 roofs and the one
that runs down the main roof along the gable end are both fine. The
trouble where the 2 meet. What is the best way of sealing it?

Also, whilst I am sealing this, I thought I might as well add some
sealant where the lead flashing meets the roof tiles. Is this a good
idea.

Any help, product knowledge etc. will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance for you help

Lee.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.

how to build a wooden frame for a felted apex roof to put over my leaking concrete flat-roof usenet2012 UK diy 10 February 28th 13 06:54 AM
Leaking roof, soon fix that! John Rumm UK diy 25 November 12th 11 09:49 PM
I'm puzzled about my leaking roof. It's not leaking like a leak should leak. Daniel Cullpeppper Home Repair 10 April 30th 06 04:16 AM
Leaking roof Jim Scott UK diy 1 July 7th 05 04:57 AM
Leaking roof Adam UK diy 6 May 26th 04 11:09 AM