Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default alluminiam soakers used for flashing on roof of boilerhouse to wallof extension to house.

Help please. I got a new roof fitted to the extension of my house two years ago. The roof is slanted from the roof of the main house which is a hip roof. on the side of the extension wall is a boilerhouse attached. Water has been coming off the new roof on to the boilerhouse causing dampness in the boilerhouse and now this wet has seeped into my dining from. The builder did not put lead flashing on the boilerhouse roof where it meets the extension wall at the time he fitted the new roof. I now have external insulation on the walls of the house so I cant use lead flashing. I wonder if alluminiam soakers could be used for flashing.
My builder has suggested putting felt on the boilerhouse roof and suggests it is the boilerhouse roof is the cause of the damage not the water coming from new roof. Until i got new roof I had no problem with the boilerhouse or dining room.
I would be grateful for advice .

Best flashing for the roof Aaron Fude Home Repair 2 October 21st 08 01:13 AM
Sealing leak on extension roof through the flashing Steven Campbell UK diy 5 December 8th 06 11:44 AM
Roof Flashing Rob Bashford UK diy 3 August 1st 06 10:20 AM
roof flashing bill Home Repair 6 October 24th 05 12:29 AM
Advice on roof flashing for stucco house Quinn Home Ownership 1 September 8th 03 02:05 AM