Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default olives: brass or copper

Hi,

Last time I bought a bag of olives they were made from copper. I
notice that screwfix and toolstation now sell brass olives instead. Is
the only reason for this cost? I imagine that brass is cheaper than
copper?

I notice that most fittings come with copper olives. Is there a reason
the manufacturers choose copper over brass?

Is there any advantage to using the one type over the other? I know
copper is softer than brass. Does that make a difference in use?

TIA

olives: copper or brass? Stephen[_2_] UK diy 10 November 8th 08 04:43 PM
Brass Hose Bid to Copper? Tube Audio Home Repair 3 March 1st 08 12:28 AM
copper to brass Metalworking 6 April 2nd 06 08:58 AM
cleaning brass/copper [email protected] Metalworking 10 February 6th 06 11:27 PM
CDN suggestions for copper and brass. Gino Woodworking 6 December 18th 04 07:30 PM