Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Neighbour's steps

My neighbour, having made the world's worst letter box out of bits of rough-sawn bits of fence timber attached to a concrete fence with a bent nail, has now decided to make his version of steps up a six metre bank.
Here's my steps that I prepared earlier:
http://i51.tinypic.com/jhu52v.jpg

He is making little rectangular boxes out of the same timber and pegging them into the soil. I await what happens up the top where it gets really steep. I hope he has a hand rail.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Matty F" wrote in message

My neighbour, having made the world's worst letter box out of bits of
rough-sawn bits of fence timber attached to a concrete fence with a bent
nail, has now decided to make his version of steps up a six metre bank.
Here's my steps that I prepared earlier:
http://i51.tinypic.com/jhu52v.jpg

Better than some council made stuff in woodland at first glance

He is making little rectangular boxes out of the same timber and pegging
them into the soil. I await what happens up the top where it gets really
steep. I hope he has a hand rail.

Errr.... Whats that up the RHS then?

Set up the motion detect cameras and await the footage. Post to Youtube and
enjoy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 4:20:09 PM UTC+12, Nthkentman wrote:
"Matty F" wrote in message

My neighbour, having made the world's worst letter box out of bits of

rough-sawn bits of fence timber attached to a concrete fence with a bent

nail, has now decided to make his version of steps up a six metre bank.

Here's my steps that I prepared earlier:

http://i51.tinypic.com/jhu52v.jpg

Better than some council made stuff in woodland at first glance

He is making little rectangular boxes out of the same timber and pegging

them into the soil. I await what happens up the top where it gets really

steep. I hope he has a hand rail.

Errr.... Whats that up the RHS then?

Those are the steps that I built. The neighbour's steps and letterbox are too horrible to show, and maybe I shouldn't show them anyway. He's made four steps out of 40 so far.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 25/09/2013 07:57, Matty F wrote:

...The neighbour's steps and letterbox are too horrible to show,...

Spoilsport.

Colin Bignell

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:10:42 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

...The neighbour's steps and letterbox are too horrible to show,...

Spoilsport.

Indeed.

Are they worse than this?
http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...Build-to-Fail-
Fail-to-Build.-What-is-this-I-don-t-even.....

No? Then they're not too horrible to show.
Yes? Then they _need_ to be seen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 8:14:32 PM UTC+12, Adrian wrote:
On Wed, 25 Sep 2013 09:10:42 +0100, Nightjar wrote:

...The neighbour's steps and letterbox are too horrible to show,...

Spoilsport.

Indeed.

Are they worse than this?

http://www.bcsportbikes.com/forum/sh...Build-to-Fail-

Fail-to-Build.-What-is-this-I-don-t-even.....

No? Then they're not too horrible to show.

Yes? Then they _need_ to be seen.

Won't somebody complain about his privacy being breached?
What I don't understand is why someone in a five million dollar house would try to make his own letterbox. Although I am going to make my own letterbox one day, but then it's going to look amazing!
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Matty F" wrote in message

My neighbour, having made the world's worst letter box out of bits of

rough-sawn bits of fence timber attached to a concrete fence with a bent

nail, has now decided to make his version of steps up a six metre bank.

Here's my steps that I prepared earlier:

http://i51.tinypic.com/jhu52v.jpg

Better than some council made stuff in woodland at first glance

He is making little rectangular boxes out of the same timber and pegging

them into the soil. I await what happens up the top where it gets really

steep. I hope he has a hand rail.

Errr.... Whats that up the RHS then?

Those are the steps that I built. The neighbour's steps and letterbox are
too horrible to show, and maybe I shouldn't show them anyway. He's made four
steps out of 40 so far.

What's the point of referencing someone's cock up only to link a picture to
what *isn't* their work ??

You need more alcohol

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:03:53 -0700 (PDT), Matty F wrote:

He is making little rectangular boxes out of the same timber and pegging
them into the soil.

How big is "little". How big and how mnay are the pegs?

Filled boxes can work, but looking at the bank at your steps the pegs
will have to go a good 18" into firm, rather than leaf litter, ground
to be effective.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, September 25, 2013 7:38:09 PM UTC+12, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Tue, 24 Sep 2013 21:03:53 -0700 (PDT), Matty F wrote:

He is making little rectangular boxes out of the same timber and pegging

them into the soil.

How big is "little". How big and how mnay are the pegs?

Filled boxes can work, but looking at the bank at your steps the pegs

will have to go a good 18" into firm, rather than leaf litter, ground

to be effective.

The rectangular boxes are (outside) 600mm x 350mm and 150mm high and have a peg in each corner.
Since the boxes overlap, the steps will have a 260mm tread 600 wide and 150mm high. I suppose that could work. But up the top the slope is almost vertical.
If I were him I would make several sections of about 10 steps with side rails and peg all that into the ground.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

My neighbour, having made the world's worst letter box out of bits of rough-sawn bits of fence timber attached to a concrete fence with a bent nail, has now decided to make his version of steps up a six metre bank.
Here's my steps that I prepared earlier:
http://i51.tinypic.com/jhu52v.jpg

He is making little rectangular boxes out of the same timber and pegging them into the soil. I await what happens up the top where it gets really steep. I hope he has a hand rail.

No point in posting pictures of your steps Matty, we want to see his.

How about taking a few pictures each day to record his progress and
stitching them into a time-lapse video on youtube.

--
Graham.

%Profound_observation%

My new neighbour ARWadsworth UK diy 8 July 22nd 12 11:12 AM
Reasonable Price for set of 3 steps, was : Replace Dangerous Side Steps. mm Home Repair 2 March 27th 07 04:57 PM
Neighbour's ch system Mary Fisher UK diy 83 April 3rd 06 09:34 PM
Not So Noisy Neighbour allan tracy UK diy 8 January 28th 06 01:57 PM
loud neighbour [email protected] Home Repair 32 November 23rd 05 09:07 AM