Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default GU10 lampholders - getting paint orf

Following up to my previous post about the wisdom (or lack thereof) of
putting GU10 lamps in the dishwasher (now on a rad to dry out)

What's the easiest way of getting the paint off these fittings? If it
were just a couple, I'd replace them, but I have eight, and their
location (in a corner) is awkward, it means I can't stick in any old
replacement.

http://jasper.org.uk/lamp.jpg

The paint is emulsion. There were two layers - one peeled off ok
(presumably vinyl silk or similar) but the remaining stuff is more
stubborn.

Soak in white spirit?

--
(\_/)
(='.'=)

Brass Pendant Lampholders [email protected] UK diy 5 August 27th 13 04:31 PM
LED Downights (Not GU10) DerbyBorn[_3_] UK diy 0 October 19th 12 09:39 AM
Where to find decorative lampholders (?) Bob(but not THAT Bob) Home Repair 0 September 26th 11 06:06 AM
Lampholders Frank Erskine UK diy 2 August 4th 11 01:04 AM
Halogen Lampholders - any lighting experts on here ? ARWadsworth UK diy 5 July 4th 10 01:17 AM