Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Halogen Lampholders - any lighting experts on here ?

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message

"Arfa Daily" wrote in message
I'm looking for a couple of replacement ceramic lampholders to go in a
disco lighting unit that's in for repair. This thing uses two 300 watt
bi-pin halogen capsule bulbs, with a pin spacing of about 6.3mm as close
as I can measure. They are straight pins, not the ones that are hooked
over at the ends. The original holders are a 3cm square with rounded off
corners, about 1cm thick. The top face is covered by a mica square fixed
by brass swaged-over tubes, which are also the mounting holes for the
holder. At the top of one side, just below the mica square, heat
resistant sleeved 'tails' emerge. The two fixing holes with the brass
tubes, are on the diagonal, but offset towards one side, and the holes
for the lamp pins are similarly offset form the centre, by the same
amount, and in the same direction.

I have searched high and low on the 'net for this holder, but drawn a
blank. Lots of places sell the standard round ceramic bases with tails
attached, for 5mm pin pitch halogen bulbs, but no sign of holders for
these bigger ones. I'm pretty sure that I did actually see them on just
one site, but it was an American trader, and I don't suppose they would
want to ship a couple to the UK at a worthwhile price. I found that one
quite early on, but discarded it because it was a U.S. company, and I
figured if they had them, others nearer home would too. No such luck, and
of course, I can't find that same site again. So, does anyone know what
the official designation of this style of bulb is, or a name or
designation for the holder, so that I can be a bit more targeted with
search strings ? Or of course, if anyone knows of a source for them ...
:-)

TIA

Arfa

Oooops. Not the group I intended posting to. But since it's here now,
anyone know ?

Arfa

Go on then:-)

Try "g 6.35 lamp holders" in google and I am sure you will find something to
match.

Cheers

Adam

Halogen V,s LED Lighting ronnie UK diy 8 February 8th 09 11:20 AM
halogen lighting [email protected] UK diy 3 July 18th 06 03:35 PM
Dimmable Halogen Lighting Rob Convery UK diy 8 March 1st 06 07:38 AM
Halogen lighting again Troy UK diy 7 November 5th 03 05:16 PM
Dimming halogen lighting Andrew Simpson UK diy 13 November 1st 03 12:45 PM