Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lampholders

Is it possible to get "proper" lampholders in G9 style for capsule
halogen bulbs? By proper I mean a complete lampholder which will
replace a brass holder in, say, a wall lamp, ideally with a 10mm
fixing bush.
The only things I've seen on the interweb are skeletal sorts of things
with holes for fixing screws...

Ta!
--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 03/08/2011 21:29, Frank Erskine wrote:
Is it possible to get "proper" lampholders in G9 style for capsule
halogen bulbs? By proper I mean a complete lampholder which will
replace a brass holder in, say, a wall lamp, ideally with a 10mm
fixing bush.
The only things I've seen on the interweb are skeletal sorts of things
with holes for fixing screws...

Have you tried S. Lilley & Son in Birmingham? Their catalogue lists:

5042 G9 lampholder 21mm dia body
5042B 10mm fixing snap fit body 21mm dia
5042T Shade ring 21mm dia

Lilley's are a high volume manufacturer but will, IME, do small orders
if you ask nicely.

http://www.s-lilley.co.uk/index.html

--
Andy
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 03 Aug 2011 23:21:08 +0100, Andy Wade
wrote:

On 03/08/2011 21:29, Frank Erskine wrote:
Is it possible to get "proper" lampholders in G9 style for capsule
halogen bulbs? By proper I mean a complete lampholder which will
replace a brass holder in, say, a wall lamp, ideally with a 10mm
fixing bush.
The only things I've seen on the interweb are skeletal sorts of things
with holes for fixing screws...

Have you tried S. Lilley & Son in Birmingham? Their catalogue lists:

5042 G9 lampholder 21mm dia body
5042B 10mm fixing snap fit body 21mm dia
5042T Shade ring 21mm dia

Lilley's are a high volume manufacturer but will, IME, do small orders
if you ask nicely.

http://www.s-lilley.co.uk/index.html

Thanks very much Andy. Their website looks very useful for the sort of
bits I'm interested in.

What I'm currently "into" is pseudo gas lamps for theatrical use,
which can look authentic (i.e. gas-mantle looking) whether or not they
are lit.
EU legislation regarding "opal" and "pearl" bulbs is making life
somewhat difficult - opal pygmy bulbs don't seem quite right, but they
seem to be the closest approximation.
Don't we all love the EU....!

--
Frank Erskine