Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

Default Storing dishwasher

Not quite but going away for 4 weeks so will do a cycle of the
dishwasher with viegar to clean it out, should I leave the door slightly
ajar or keep closed for the 4 weeks. Should I also keep the washing
machine door slightly open? Fridge will be off and door open.
Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

ss wrote:
Not quite but going away for 4 weeks so will do a cycle of the
dishwasher with viegar to clean it out, should I leave the door
slightly ajar or keep closed for the 4 weeks. Should I also keep the
washing machine door slightly open? Fridge will be off and door open.

Why turn the fridge off?

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ss ss is offline

On 05/09/2013 20:26, ARW wrote:
ss wrote:
Not quite but going away for 4 weeks so will do a cycle of the
dishwasher with viegar to clean it out, should I leave the door
slightly ajar or keep closed for the 4 weeks. Should I also keep the
washing machine door slightly open? Fridge will be off and door open.

Why turn the fridge off?

It will be empty of food, and it will be less money for the elec company
and the taxman. The freezer will be kept on.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2013 19:53, ss wrote:
Not quite but going away for 4 weeks so will do a cycle of the
dishwasher with viegar to clean it out, should I leave the door slightly
ajar or keep closed for the 4 weeks. Should I also keep the washing
machine door slightly open? Fridge will be off and door open.

I've done a handful of 4-week holidays and I've never bothered doing
anything with the dishwasher. I can't say I've noticed the smell when
I've got back either.

Jon
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jon Connell" wrote in message
On 05/09/2013 19:53, ss wrote:
Not quite but going away for 4 weeks so will do a cycle of the
dishwasher with viegar to clean it out, should I leave the door slightly
ajar or keep closed for the 4 weeks. Should I also keep the washing
machine door slightly open? Fridge will be off and door open.

I've done a handful of 4-week holidays and I've never bothered doing
anything with the dishwasher. I can't say I've noticed the smell when I've
got back either.

Leave my dishwasher closed for 6 months at a time, no problem. But don't
leave dishes in it, my wooden spoon started to sprout...........

--

Mark BR

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 05/09/2013 19:53, ss wrote:
Not quite but going away for 4 weeks so will do a cycle of the
dishwasher with viegar to clean it out, should I leave the door slightly
ajar or keep closed for the 4 weeks. Should I also keep the washing
machine door slightly open? Fridge will be off and door open.

I've done a handful of 4-week holidays and I've never bothered doing
anything with the dishwasher. I can't say I've noticed the smell when
I've got back either.

Leave my dishwasher closed for 6 months at a time, no problem. But don't
leave dishes in it, my wooden spoon started to sprout...........

Did you plant it, and did it grow into a wooden spoon tree?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, September 5, 2013 7:53:45 PM UTC+1, ss wrote:
Not quite but going away for 4 weeks so will do a cycle of the

dishwasher with viegar to clean it out, should I leave the door slightly

ajar or keep closed for the 4 weeks. Should I also keep the washing

machine door slightly open? Fridge will be off and door open.

We always leave washing machine and dishwasher doors slightly ajar in the belief that it preserves the seal better.

Jonathan