Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Magnetic CH filters

Hi,

There was a post about a fernox tf1 magnetic CH filter. I knew I had a
fernox filter, so I went to see what it was called and found that it
is the boiler buddy. I don't think the tf1 had been invented when this
was installed.

http://www.fernox.com/equipment/filters/boiler+buddy

Is the tf1 much better than this? I think the tf1 has side entry so
has a cyclonic action. Does that really make a difference? Is it worth
upgrading?

I have taken the boiler buddy off for cleaning and there are "flakes"
stuck to the magnet. I was surprised at this. How do you get the
flakes off or don't you? Using a screwdriver is difficult as that gets
stuck to the magnet and all it seems to do is push the iron from one
magnet to the next.

I think I may need to replace the ball valves as I could not get the
nuts to move and now disturbed, seem to leak. This seems to be a
common criticism of the cheap no-name valves on the screfix web site.
I am hoping rubber seals might be better than the fibre ones. Is it
worth buying the pegler valves?

TIA