Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default What an idiot

Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

http://tinyurl.com/m5dobr2

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

What exactly was he doing that was idiotic? Using gelignite? Pulling the
wall out to get a concrete roof down (as per a few months back)?

There but for the grace of god go the rest of us.

--
Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Scott M wrote:

BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

What exactly was he doing that was idiotic?

Having a child in the garden while demolishing anything.

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message id, Jeremy
Nicoll - news posts writes
Scott M wrote:

BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

What exactly was he doing that was idiotic?

Having a child in the garden while demolishing anything.

Christ. Give the guy a break. It could indeed happen to any of us.
--
Graeme
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article , News
writes
In message id, Jeremy
Nicoll - news posts writes
Scott M wrote:

BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

What exactly was he doing that was idiotic?

Having a child in the garden while demolishing anything.

Christ. Give the guy a break. It could indeed happen to any of us.

Only if terminally stupid, a demolition or tree felling site or insert
many others where things can go wrong very quickly is no place for a
4yr old eager to 'help daddy' to be playing.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
In article , News
writes
In message id, Jeremy
Nicoll - news posts writes
Scott M wrote:

BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

What exactly was he doing that was idiotic?

Having a child in the garden while demolishing anything.

Christ. Give the guy a break. It could indeed happen to any of us.

Only if terminally stupid, a demolition or tree felling site or insert
many others where things can go wrong very quickly is no place for a
4yr old eager to 'help daddy' to be playing.

I'm sure he'd agree with you. But short of tying them down they have
independent movement and pop up in unexpected places.

When I was 4, I ran towards the running prop of an aeroplane.

--
Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

"News" wrote in message
In message id, Jeremy
Nicoll - news posts writes
Scott M wrote:

BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

What exactly was he doing that was idiotic?

Having a child in the garden while demolishing anything.

Christ. Give the guy a break. It could indeed happen to any of us.
--
Graeme

+1

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/08/2013 18:42, BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

http://tinyurl.com/m5dobr2

Why are people dragging up old mail articles or is this harry again?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 22 Aug 2013 20:29:54 +0100, dennis@home wrote:

On 22/08/2013 18:42, BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

http://tinyurl.com/m5dobr2

Why are people dragging up old mail articles or is this harry again?

No, this one actually is today.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/08/2013 18:42, BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

http://tinyurl.com/m5dobr2

Why are people dragging up old mail articles or is this harry again?

No, this one actually is today.

I see its the findings of the inquest for one that happened months ago,
that's why it sounds old news.

I think I recall a similar incident a few years ago too.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

dennis@home wrote:
On 22/08/2013 18:42, BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

http://tinyurl.com/m5dobr2

Why are people dragging up old mail articles or is this harry again?

This group's getting like an episode of Dad's Army.

This is *today's* news - it's on the BBC News website this evening too.

--
Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

On 22/08/2013 18:42, BD wrote:
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

http://tinyurl.com/m5dobr2

Why are people dragging up old mail articles or is this harry again?

They started the inquest today so they broke out the library footage.
Cheap tv.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Could this be the result of too much nanny stating in his youth coupled with
no enough real life experiencing of danger?

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"BD" wrote in message
ldhosting.com...
Father watches in horror as his four-year-old daughter is killed when
SIX breeze blocks fall on her while he tears down garden shed

http://tinyurl.com/m5dobr2

Posted to uk.d-i-y

BD wrote:
http://tinyurl.com/m5dobr2

That's a six-*foot* shed wall, not a six-feet shed wall. Sheesh.
Don't journalists get lerned inglish no more?

JGH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thursday, August 22, 2013 10:26:12 PM UTC+1, wrote:
BD wrote:

http://tinyurl.com/m5dobr2

That's a six-*foot* shed wall, not a six-feet shed wall. Sheesh.

Don't journalists get lerned inglish no more?

JGH

They let any old rubbish go out on the web site. I think the print version is a little better proof-read.
Simon.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Baz Baz is offline

Snip

RIP the little girl. And thoughts go out to the Dad and family.

I was an accident.

Hindsight is easy.

Baz

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Baz" wrote in message

Snip

RIP the little girl. And thoughts go out to the Dad and family.

I was an accident.

Hindsight is easy.

Bloody nonesense.
It was predictable, has happened before on many ocasions and he deserves to
be prosecuted or his negligence.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

harryagain wrote:
"Baz" wrote in message
Snip

RIP the little girl. And thoughts go out to the Dad and family.

I was an accident.

Hindsight is easy.

Bloody nonesense.
It was predictable, has happened before on many ocasions and he deserves to
be prosecuted or his negligence.

Tell me, Harry, is it that you do it on purpose to get a rise from
people or are your thought processes really this strange? Did you do a
lot of LSD in the 60s? Or did you go in for a cosmetic lobotomy once?
Maybe it's a comprehension issue - which also seems to affect anyone
with Harry as a moniker. More likely tho, judging by other posts, it's
simply this, which I see a lot in life: You're old and stupid but you
use the former to insist the latter's not true.

So let's go back to your statements and take a sledgehammer to them,
shall we? "Prosecuted for negligence." This bloke has caused the death
of his child; in what way is being censured by a faceless bureaucracy
going to make how he feels /worse/? And what could they possibly do that
would teach him a better reminder should he ever face doing something
similar again? Or do you envision him up some scaffolding thumping away
at things with a carefree whistle even now?

--
Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 23 Aug 2013 11:32:47 +0100, "Baz"
wrote:

I was an accident.

A lot of us were, you know.

Pretend you know an idiot... Greg Guarino[_2_] Woodworking 28 May 8th 13 03:17 PM
Idiot Sightings Harry K Home Repair 6 July 26th 12 07:55 PM
Sometimes I'm an idiot Bob La Londe Metalworking 4 September 23rd 10 10:25 PM
I'm such an idiot! zxcvbob Home Repair 5 August 27th 07 12:24 PM
Idiot needs help Rupert \(W.Yorkshire\) UK diy 12 April 16th 07 07:57 PM