Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Getting inside a man's shed.

Getting inside a man's shed.

(BBC report on old gits sharing space to work on projects in a community workshop)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23671221
Posted to uk.d-i-y

" wrote:

Getting inside a man's shed.

(BBC report on old gits sharing space...

Why 'gits'?

to replacing "aaa" by "284".
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Jeremy Nicoll - news posts" wrote
in message nvalid...
" wrote:

Getting inside a man's shed.

(BBC report on old gits sharing space...

Why 'gits'?

Probably because he is a young git.
I'm not to sure about public money being spent here, but these guys will
have paid into the system so ....

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 14:46:05 UTC+2, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

Why 'gits'?

Probably because that's how the BBC perceives and portrays older white men.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 14:30:17 UTC+1, wrote:
On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 14:46:05 UTC+2, Jeremy Nicoll - news posts wrote:

Why 'gits'?

Probably because that's how the BBC perceives and portrays older white men.

Where does it say that on the BBC site.

I thought that term to describe old men came from two possible sources.

where They shout "git of the grass ya bast'ds"
should be get but the accent made it sound like git.

The other being that use the word git rather than the other swear words like ****.., *******, c*nt, git is just an acceptable word that's rarely seen as swearing especially when used in front of kids.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Why 'gits'?

Probably because that's how the BBC perceives and portrays older white
men.

Where does it say that on the BBC site.

I thought that term to describe old men came from two possible sources.

where They shout "git of the grass ya bast'ds"
should be get but the accent made it sound like git.

I take it the accent also made "off" sound like "of"?
--
Dave Baker

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Probably because he is a young git.

Teetering on the brink.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote in message
Getting inside a man's shed.

(BBC report on old gits sharing space to work on projects in a community
workshop)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23671221

So it's a bit like a hackspace, but instead of where the hackspace is open
to anyone, the shed thing is only for the old giffers,

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 15 Aug 2013 16:29:45 +0100, "Gazz" wrote:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23671221

So it's a bit like a hackspace, but instead of where the hackspace is open
to anyone, the shed thing is only for the old giffers,

This Mens' Shed thing has been going for a few years now. The BBC have
only just discovered it?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, August 14, 2013 10:31:24 PM UTC+12, wrote:
Getting inside a man's shed.

(BBC report on old gits sharing space to work on projects in a community workshop)

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-23671221

Sheds for only 14 years? There are several hundred old gits here in sheds spread over 2 kilometres for the last 50 years.

OK to Emulsion Inside of Shed? [email protected] UK diy 10 July 11th 17 09:51 AM
Recommendations for a base for a shed to encourage a long life (ofthe shed!) larkim UK diy 9 March 8th 12 12:52 AM
Wooden shed - dry inside - help Harry[_4_] UK diy 30 July 19th 10 11:19 AM
Rust INSIDE a shed mrl859 Home Repair 3 September 21st 08 11:07 PM
Uneven (or tilted) ground inside the shed daishan UK diy 0 March 2nd 06 11:14 AM