Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Next Customer Please

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 15:28:33 -0700, spuorgelgoog wrote:

I wrote:
I was slightly surprised to see that Tesco (a) sell vibrators (or some
form of sex toy branded by Dimplex), and (b) had them in the
reduced/end-of-line section.

s/Dimplex/Durex

:-)

Ah, that's better! I *did* wonder...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 23:05:49 +0100 (BST), "Dave Liquorice"
wrote:

On Fri, 16 Aug 2013 17:35:46 +0100, Tim Streater wrote:

One problem these machines have is you have to remember to use one which
has enough space on the output weighing part. Ours had enough space for
one bag so I lifted it off and put it on the floor. It couldn't cope
with that.

Stupid machine... If you have a trolly full I reckon they are slower
than a normal checkout, they are certainly harder work, You have to
scan each item, shove it in a bag, scan the next etc, pay, then lift
everything off the landing stage back into the trolley. With normal
checkout you stack the conveyor, then move through checkout, operator
scans as you pack and reload trolly, then just pay and go.

And of course you're given about 10 seconds to get the stuff off the
"landing stage" before the impatient 'female' asks you to take your
items, whilst you're trying to stuff your debit card back into your
wallet and collect all the bits of paper spewed out of the machine.

--
Frank Erskine
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Huge wrote:
I refuse to use them. They are part of an on-going trend to get the
customer to do the work that you are already paying someone else to do.

More people who refuse to use them the better - to me. Means I'll get an
free one even quicker. ;-)

--
*Keep honking...I'm reloading.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
Huge wrote:
I refuse to use them. They are part of an on-going trend to get the
customer to do the work that you are already paying someone else to do.

More people who refuse to use them the better - to me. Means I'll get an
free one even quicker. ;-)

Now I've got used to the Aldi/Lidl turbo checkout, I really can't be
arsed to stand about while people pack.