Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Holes in garage roof - epoxy putty?

I've got a flat(ish) garage roof made of box profile metal sheets which are held down to the OSB underneath using specific screws with big hexagonal heads and a metal washer with a rubber washer underneath.

Anyway, I had to remove a couple of screws and put them in again a few inches away and so needed to fill the hole that was left. I used epoxy putty and I'm wondering if this is likely to last or, if not, what is the best alternative way of filling the hole?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 01 Aug 2013 08:42:05 -0700, Murmansk wrote:

I've got a flat(ish) garage roof made of box profile metal sheets which
are held down to the OSB underneath using specific screws with big
hexagonal heads and a metal washer with a rubber washer underneath.

Anyway, I had to remove a couple of screws and put them in again a few
inches away and so needed to fill the hole that was left. I used epoxy
putty and I'm wondering if this is likely to last or, if not, what is
the best alternative way of filling the hole?

Did you really need to remove the screws?

I missed the wood a couple of times when fixing the metal roof for the
shed, and I just left the screws in and drilled and screwed the new ones
in the correct place.

So one answer is to use a screw as you described.

Cheers

Dave R