Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default High Security = Low Security

Just moved into my new flat.

It has DPS "High Security" locks which are (presumably) un-pickable.

However, I have one key which own both the communal front door and my own
flat's door.

I guessing that means that I can't change the cylinder and get a batch of
new keys as they then wont be able to open the front door (unless that is,
there's only one common door keying).

So I'm stuck with having to hope that previous tenants haven't kept a key
(Or worse, given one to their friends).

How is this good security?

tim

High Security Cluster Boxes? SMS Home Repair 9 May 26th 13 09:52 PM
'high security' ring main jim UK diy 70 August 27th 11 02:35 PM
High power 500 watt security lamp replacements?.. tony sayer UK diy 15 October 31st 10 10:22 AM
Want small security camera for internal security G Wood Home Repair 7 October 6th 07 04:12 AM
Best high-security locks Linux Exposer Home Repair 3 January 9th 06 01:00 AM