Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

Default High Security Cluster Boxes?

I own a townhouse in a 12 unit complex. I'm constantly getting e-mails
from my tenants regarding mailbox break-ins. We replaced the cluster box
after thieves destroyed it, and now they've destroyed the replacement.

We need a high security cluster box. Anyone have any experience with this?
Posted to alt.home.repair

In article ,
SMS wrote:

I own a townhouse in a 12 unit complex. I'm constantly getting e-mails
from my tenants regarding mailbox break-ins. We replaced the cluster box
after thieves destroyed it, and now they've destroyed the replacement.

We need a high security cluster box. Anyone have any experience with this?

Would your area Postal Inspector's Office have a suggestion?
the *******s."-- Claire Wolfe
Posted to alt.home.repair

Perhaps better lighting. Nearest tenant
should have sleeping in shifts, overwatch
with sniper rifle.

Or, contact your postmaster. Mail theft is
federal crime. Call Batman, and have the
thieves captured.
..
Christopher A. Young
Learn more about Jesus
www.lds.org
..
..
"SMS" wrote in message ...
I own a townhouse in a 12 unit complex. I'm constantly getting e-mails
from my tenants regarding mailbox break-ins. We replaced the cluster box
after thieves destroyed it, and now they've destroyed the replacement.

We need a high security cluster box. Anyone have any experience with this?

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 May 2013 09:01:06 -0400, Kurt Ullman
wrote:

We need a high security cluster box. Anyone have any experience with this?

Would your area Postal Inspector's Office have a suggestion?

Um, also about arrest warrants...
Posted to alt.home.repair
EXT EXT is offline

"Stormin Mormon" wrote in message
Perhaps better lighting. Nearest tenant
should have sleeping in shifts, overwatch
with sniper rifle.

Or, contact your postmaster. Mail theft is
federal crime. Call Batman, and have the
thieves captured.

Along with lighting, install a security video camera in a position to be
able to identify the culprits so that they may be identified by the police.

Posted to alt.home.repair

On 5/23/13 7:54 AM, SMS wrote:
I own a townhouse in a 12 unit complex. I'm constantly getting e-mails
from my tenants regarding mailbox break-ins. We replaced the cluster
box after thieves destroyed it, and now they've destroyed the
replacement.

We need a high security cluster box. Anyone have any experience with
this?

Set up some "decoy" boxes with exploding dye packs like the banks use.
They also have GPS tracking devices for the banks now. The thieves
don't even know they are being tracked until the police show up at
their front door !
Posted to alt.home.repair

On Thu, 23 May 2013 15:42:01 -0400, Retired wrote:

On 5/23/13 7:54 AM, SMS wrote:
I own a townhouse in a 12 unit complex. I'm constantly getting e-mails
from my tenants regarding mailbox break-ins. We replaced the cluster
box after thieves destroyed it, and now they've destroyed the
replacement.

We need a high security cluster box. Anyone have any experience with
this?

Set up some "decoy" boxes with exploding dye packs like the banks use.
They also have GPS tracking devices for the banks now. The thieves
don't even know they are being tracked until the police show up at
their front door !

I interviewed with a company that makes both technologies about 18
months ago. Neat stuff. The GPS trackers work off the cell system
and were triggered when the "pack"[*] was taken through the RFID
scanner built into the bank's door frames. As soon as the pack came on
line it showed up in their "war room" and they then called the bank
and LEOs to give them the login information so they could watch
online.
[*] Hollowed out pack of bills.

Posted to alt.home.repair
SMS SMS is offline

On 5/23/2013 6:01 AM, Kurt Ullman wrote:
In article ,
SMS wrote:

I own a townhouse in a 12 unit complex. I'm constantly getting e-mails
from my tenants regarding mailbox break-ins. We replaced the cluster box
after thieves destroyed it, and now they've destroyed the replacement.

We need a high security cluster box. Anyone have any experience with this?

Would your area Postal Inspector's Office have a suggestion?

No. They just say, "we can't deliver mail because the cluster box won't
close."

Posted to alt.home.repair

On Sun, 26 May 2013 12:12:26 -0700, sms
wrote:

Would your area Postal Inspector's Office have a suggestion?

No. They just say, "we can't deliver mail because the cluster box won't
close."

Who has control or owns the boxes? They do have to meet postal
standards.

Neighbor kid knocked down a cluster mail box on the street sidewalk
while driving. Took out some plants of a house property.

Postal service replaced the whole unit and issued new mail box keys.

They held mail at the local PO until the keys were issued.

If crooks are stealing your mail - GET the postal inspector involved.
This is the law enforcement office of the USPS.

They could set up a sting operation.

'high security' ring main jim UK diy 70 August 27th 11 02:35 PM
High power 500 watt security lamp replacements?.. tony sayer UK diy 15 October 31st 10 10:22 AM
High Tech Wiring / Security contractors - Puget Sound area 5Circles Home Repair 3 October 20th 07 03:44 AM
Cluster flies Staffbull UK diy 6 October 15th 06 10:04 PM
Best high-security locks Linux Exposer Home Repair 3 January 9th 06 01:00 AM