Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default This week's DIY

First job mow the area where a swimming pool will be installed ... someday.
Done with the tractor so that didn't take long.

Then mow the lawn. That was made "interesting" when the blade broke with a
bang and punctured the mower deck. If it had flown in the other direction
it would have taken a large chunk out of my leg. As it was it punched a
large hole through steel. That was a cheap mower (Stiller) and rather than
buy a new blade decided to buy a better mower. I wanted an Al-Ko but they
were sold out so I bought a German (Sterwins) mower that is much better
made. It has an odd connection point for a hose pipe. I haven't worked out
why it's shown on the box, not mentioned in the instructions.

Dug out 20 metres of water pipe in an attempt to find out why no water in
the barn. Had two days of thunder and rainstorm while doing so. Eventually
found that the external side of the main stop tap was blocked. Flushed it
by attaching a pump-up sprayer to the inside and back flushing with clean
water. Flushed out shreds of paper, straw and a decomposed body - possibly
a shrew or a lizard. Difficult to tell. Must have crawled up the pipe when
the builders left it open for weeks on end then been flushed up to the
valve.

Got out the SDS and drilled a hole for the new cooker hood. Found the
electrician had run the conduit diagonally through the area where I was
drilling. Had to re-route t'electric.

Now re-mounted back boxes and installed the ducts.

Next job - dig hole for 5000 litre rainwater tank and install rainwater
drainage.

--
€¢DarWin|
_/ _/

This repair is what I did last week Gunner Asch[_6_] Metalworking 44 April 16th 13 12:25 PM
Going here next week basilisk[_2_] Woodworking 0 August 19th 12 11:53 PM
My week Jim in Milwaukee Woodworking 71 November 1st 10 07:18 AM
This Week's Box Charlie M. 1958 Woodworking 3 November 27th 06 05:45 PM
$200-$500 per week from home [email protected] Metalworking 0 November 17th 05 09:19 AM