Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Anyone still running Thorn M44/54 gas boiler?

I've just decommissioned mine and junked most of it but I still have odd
parts like the Honeywell V4300 gas valve.

Does anyone who is still nursing one of these want the gas valve as a
spare? No known faults and was running up until a week ago.
I also have a nearly new pilot igniter electrode.
Photos on request.
Cover my postage costs and they are yours.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/06/2013 13:56, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've just decommissioned mine and junked most of it but I still have odd
parts like the Honeywell V4300 gas valve.

Does anyone who is still nursing one of these want the gas valve as a
spare? No known faults and was running up until a week ago.
I also have a nearly new pilot igniter electrode.
Photos on request.
Cover my postage costs and they are yours.

If there are no takers here, then I found I was able to flog the
Honeywell V4600A from my old Mexico on ebay for £40 with relative ease.

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

John Rumm wrote:
On 22/06/2013 13:56, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've just decommissioned mine and junked most of it but I still have odd
parts like the Honeywell V4300 gas valve.

Does anyone who is still nursing one of these want the gas valve as a
spare? No known faults and was running up until a week ago.
I also have a nearly new pilot igniter electrode.
Photos on request.
Cover my postage costs and they are yours.

If there are no takers here, then I found I was able to flog the
Honeywell V4600A from my old Mexico on ebay for £40 with relative ease.

Thanks John,
I've trawled the interweb for this valve including ebay and only found
very old references to it unlike your V4600 which seems much more popular.
Several references I did find were pointers to this thread!
I suspect that an ebay entry will just be a waste of a listing fee so
I'll keep it on the shelf and hope that anyone doing a similar search
will find this post and approach me directly.

Bob
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Monday, June 24, 2013 1:07:46 PM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:
John Rumm wrote:

[...]

Morning Bob,

We have a Thorn M44/54C ...I don't suppose you could let me know which parts you have available for this boiler please?

Best regards,

Adam Gifford
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:56:44 PM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've just decommissioned mine and junked most of it but I still have odd

parts like the Honeywell V4300 gas valve.

Does anyone who is still nursing one of these want the gas valve as a

spare? No known faults and was running up until a week ago.

I also have a nearly new pilot igniter electrode.

Photos on request.

Cover my postage costs and they are yours.

Bob

....Just to add, am particularly interested if you still have the programmer (our youngest has managed to break the timer on this by playing with it! - still functions manually but ideally would like to replace) and the pilot light 'viewing window/plate'

Thanks,

Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, 22 June 2013 13:56:44 UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've just decommissioned mine and junked most of it but I still have odd

parts like the Honeywell V4300 gas valve.

Does anyone who is still nursing one of these want the gas valve as a

spare? No known faults and was running up until a week ago.

I also have a nearly new pilot igniter electrode.

Photos on request.

Cover my postage costs and they are yours.

Bob

Hello
I'm still running one of these in a flat I'm renting out and actually quite like it.

However, the tenant now wants the spy glass replaced (by the little ignition light) as they are able to smell the fumes. If you had the little piece of glass that goes in front of the little ignition window I would be incredibly grateful and throw in a bottle of whatever on top of your postage?
Can you help sir?

JH
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 23 Oct 2013 09:53:41 +0100, Bob Minchin
wrote:

Hello
I'm still running one of these in a flat I'm renting out and actually quite like it.

However, the tenant now wants the spy glass replaced (by the little ignition light) as they are able to smell the fumes. If you had the little piece of glass that goes in front of the little ignition window I would be incredibly grateful and throw in a bottle of whatever on top of your postage?
Can you help sir?

JH

Sorry JH I don't have that part. The boiler was junked 4 months ago
You could always block the opening off with a piece of metal.

How does that sit with the gas check?
--
http://www.voucherfreebies.co.uk

Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Hello
I'm still running one of these in a flat I'm renting out and actually quite like it.

However, the tenant now wants the spy glass replaced (by the little ignition light) as they are able to smell the fumes. If you had the little piece of glass that goes in front of the little ignition window I would be incredibly grateful and throw in a bottle of whatever on top of your postage?
Can you help sir?

JH

Sorry JH I don't have that part. The boiler was junked 4 months ago
You could always block the opening off with a piece of metal.

How does that sit with the gas check?

Metal will seal it just as well as glass.
What gas check?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Bob Minchin wrote:

Metal will seal it just as well as glass.
What gas check?

If it's like the viewing window on my boiler, the confidence of seeing a
nice clean blue flame, rather than a horrid sooty yellow one.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Tue, 22 Oct 2013 16:05:46 -0700, janerasmus wrote:

Hello
I'm still running one of these in a flat I'm renting out and actually
quite like it.

However, the tenant now wants the spy glass replaced (by the little
ignition light) as they are able to smell the fumes. If you had the
little piece of glass that goes in front of the little ignition window I
would be incredibly grateful and throw in a bottle of whatever on top of
your postage? Can you help sir?

Er ... tenants, gas .. ?

You *do* have a landlord's gas safety certificate for your installation,
don't you?

And what did the Registered Gas Installer who inspected it say about the
missing glass and smell of fumes?

--
John Stumbles -- http://yaph.co.uk

What is a simile like?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Saturday, June 22, 2013 1:56:44 PM UTC+1, Bob Minchin wrote:
I've just decommissioned mine and junked most of it but I still have odd

parts like the Honeywell V4300 gas valve.

Does anyone who is still nursing one of these want the gas valve as a

spare? No known faults and was running up until a week ago.

I also have a nearly new pilot igniter electrode.

Photos on request.

Cover my postage costs and they are yours.

Bob

Hi Bob,
this is a long shot as I see you posted this a while ago,
I am still running a thorn M44/55 have you still got the gas valve available?
trying to source one Thanks Graham

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Bob Minchin , ShaunArkinstall wrote:
bob.minchinREMOVE wrote:

Email sent
Bob

Hello Bob, I found this link when searching Google. Is there any chance
you still have anything from this boiler, I am trying to help my daughter
keep hers going and the cats have destroyed her control panel. All the
electrics are ok it is just the panel.
Many thanks

Posted to uk.d-i-y

replying to Bob Minchin, Reg Kemp wrote:
Bob if you still have gas valve For Thorn M44/54 Boiler I will have it please
reply by Email

--
for full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-903594-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/08/2018 22:14, Reg Kemp wrote:
replying to Bob Minchin, Reg Kemp wrote:
Bob if you still have gas valve For Thorn M44/54 Boiler I will have it
please
reply by Email

Do you think Bob would have been without a working boiler for 5 years?

Do you live on the Homowners world? Ever considered quoting the message
you're replying to in accordance with convention?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

The big issue on that site is its total lack of any way to include the date
when it sorts messages. The year is most important, after all, so everything
in a given month gets regurgitated. also considering this forum is supposed
to be ported here to usenet, its interface should be defaulted to quoting
the message as convention suggests. if I wre a Usenet admin I'd just block
the site till it complied.
Brian

--
----- --
The Sofa of Brian Gaff...

Blind user, so no pictures please
Note this Signature is meaningless.!
"Fredxx" wrote in message
news
On 20/08/2018 22:14, Reg Kemp wrote:
replying to Bob Minchin, Reg Kemp wrote:
Bob if you still have gas valve For Thorn M44/54 Boiler I will have it
please
reply by Email

Do you think Bob would have been without a working boiler for 5 years?

Do you live on the Homowners world? Ever considered quoting the message
you're replying to in accordance with convention?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Hi Bob would you know where to get a thorn M44 programmer / timer/clock. Thankyou

--
For full context, visit https://www.homeownershub.com/uk-diy...er-903594-.htm

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 29/09/2020 13:15, carlos wrote:
Hi Bob would you know where to get a thorn M44Â* programmer /
timer/clock.Â* Thankyou

Bob started that post 7 years ago!