Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Musical Ear Defenders

Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth
enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM
radios etc...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/06/2013 01:33, John Rumm wrote:
Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth
enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM
radios etc...

Here's a couple of models:

http://peltorcomms.3m.com/world/Prod...Product_Id=293

http://www.husqvarna.com/asia/constr...and-bluetooth/

No idea where best to buy.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/06/2013 07:51, polygonum wrote:
On 20/06/2013 01:33, John Rumm wrote:
Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth
enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM
radios etc...

Here's a couple of models:

http://peltorcomms.3m.com/world/Prod...Product_Id=293

http://www.husqvarna.com/asia/constr...and-bluetooth/

No idea where best to buy.

If you could make do with a wired connection...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_li...l&id=3241&ar=2

Around one tenth the price!

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum wrote:
On 20/06/2013 07:51, polygonum wrote:
On 20/06/2013 01:33, John Rumm wrote:

Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth
enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM
radios etc...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_li...l&id=3241&ar=2

Take those and get a separate Bluetooth audio received. The one I've got
was about £10 from HongKong a couple of years ago (so prolly cheaper)
and is about 45mm x 25mm x 8mm and would easily attach (I favour velcro)
to the headset.

Scott
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/06/2013 18:27, Scott M wrote:
polygonum wrote:
On 20/06/2013 07:51, polygonum wrote:
On 20/06/2013 01:33, John Rumm wrote:

Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth
enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM
radios etc...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_li...l&id=3241&ar=2

Take those and get a separate Bluetooth audio received. The one I've got
was about £10 from HongKong a couple of years ago (so prolly cheaper)
and is about 45mm x 25mm x 8mm and would easily attach (I favour velcro)
to the headset.

I did consider that, but most of the bluetooth comms widgets I found
were designed for delivering line level signals into a car amp rather
than headphone level outputs...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

polygonum wrote:
On 20/06/2013 07:51, polygonum wrote:
On 20/06/2013 01:33, John Rumm wrote:

Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth
enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM
radios etc...

http://www.lidl.co.uk/cps/rde/www_li...l&id=3241&ar=2

Take those and get a separate Bluetooth audio received. The one I've got
was about £10 from HongKong a couple of years ago (so prolly cheaper)
and is about 45mm x 25mm x 8mm and would easily attach (I favour velcro)
to the headset.

I did consider that, but most of the bluetooth comms widgets I found
were designed for delivering line level signals into a car amp rather
than headphone level outputs...

I saw a Sony (IIRC) one that you wore as a pendant with a jack for a
mobile phone headset.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/06/2013 01:33, John Rumm wrote:
Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders

Pardon?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Why would you want an fm radio in a set of ear defenders?
Seems odd to me. I have seen workmen using some that are obviously part of
a walkie talkie system so they can be communicated with and still protect
their ears, so I'd have thought such things must be out there.
Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"John Rumm" wrote in message
o.uk...
Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth
enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM
radios etc...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Thu, 20 Jun 2013 01:33:04 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth
enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM
radios etc...

But what if you have an un-Musical Ear? Do they play discordant ****e
all day long?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

wrote:

Does anyone know of a source of Ear defenders that are also Bluetooth
enabled? I can find plenty that have cable connections, plenty with FM
radios etc...

But what if you have an un-Musical Ear? Do they play discordant ****e
all day long?

Only if I am listening to one of my ELP albums ;-)

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 23 Jun 2013 12:07:38 +0100, John Rumm
wrote:

Only if I am listening to one of my ELP albums ;-)

Karn Evil