Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Worcester-Bosch CDi 30 Greenstar

Does anyone know it turning it off with its button on the control panel is
any different to isolating its supply?
Boiler is in the loft and I like to turn it off if I am isolating the water
to avoid it overheating and spitting out steam from air pockets when the
water goes back on.

It would be easier to flick off the MCB on the consumer unit - but wondered
if this does a proper shut-down / start-up.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 15 Jun 2013 20:21:47 +0000, DerbyBorn wrote:

Does anyone know it turning it off with its button on the control panel
is any different to isolating its supply?
Boiler is in the loft and I like to turn it off if I am isolating the
water to avoid it overheating and spitting out steam from air pockets
when the water goes back on.

It would be easier to flick off the MCB on the consumer unit - but
wondered if this does a proper shut-down / start-up.

Powering off at the mains makes it do the full restart and purge operation
to prime the condensate trap.

You should, however, have a double pole isolating switch near to the
boiler to isolate the supply for boiler maintenance.

If it is on a dedicated circuit flipping the MCB or the isolating switch
should surely have the same effect?

Cheers

Dave R
Posted to uk.d-i-y

or boiler maintenance.

If it is on a dedicated circuit flipping the MCB or the isolating
switch should surely have the same effect?

Cheers

Dave R

Yes - I have a double pole isolator (with neon) upstairs and the MCB is
downstairs.