Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Lost Battery Power

If only I could save all the power that I have to throw out in
batteries because I have no way of using it.
We use two portable radios, both of which decide on their own that
their AA battery power level has dropped below what they will accept,
and they shut off. But there is plenty of power still in the batteries.
The only use we have for AA batteries, other than the radios, is
MiniMaglite torches, but they are used only on rare occasions, so the
supply of useable batteries is getting bigger and bigger. Considering
the cost of batteries, we are throwing away lots of pounds'-worth of
battery power.
How can I make sensible use of this lost power? Over a year, it must
add up to a quite considerable amount. I hate to throw it all away.
--
Davey.