Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Splutter! How many pieces?

He is some expert with the saw, shame he was not so good at the stands!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...ollapses-video

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2013 13:31, polygonum wrote:
He is some expert with the saw, shame he was not so good at the stands!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...ollapses-video

That video seems to be a trailer for a film. The time bar seems to
suggest that it is only two seconds long but it is obviously more than
that. I can't seem to scroll through it on my system to find out if
anything comes later. Guardian got things screwed up again?
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2013 13:43, Andrew May wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:31, polygonum wrote:
He is some expert with the saw, shame he was not so good at the stands!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...ollapses-video

That video seems to be a trailer for a film. The time bar seems to
suggest that it is only two seconds long but it is obviously more than
that. I can't seem to scroll through it on my system to find out if
anything comes later. Guardian got things screwed up again?

Also on the Telegraph, and their video works

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/newstopics/howaboutthat/10025179/Giant-40000-piece-jigsaw-collapses-in-front-of-creator.html
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2013 13:43, Andrew May wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:31, polygonum wrote:
He is some expert with the saw, shame he was not so good at the stands!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...ollapses-video

That video seems to be a trailer for a film. The time bar seems to
suggest that it is only two seconds long but it is obviously more than
that. I can't seem to scroll through it on my system to find out if
anything comes later. Guardian got things screwed up again?

That's the ad paying for the website. The article comes later (30 secs
or so).
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I see the duration given as 1m 17secs and that's what it runs for me.

But it's not really the disaster they're saying it is, surely? It's pretty
clear that the pieces are fixed to some sort of backing sheet - and indeed
how else could they have hoped to move it to Sandringham? - and that a
relatively small number have become detached in the fall.

It's an impressive feat, all the more so for being so essentially pointless.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2013 13:51, Clive George wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:43, Andrew May wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:31, polygonum wrote:
He is some expert with the saw, shame he was not so good at the stands!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...ollapses-video

That video seems to be a trailer for a film. The time bar seems to
suggest that it is only two seconds long but it is obviously more than
that. I can't seem to scroll through it on my system to find out if
anything comes later. Guardian got things screwed up again?

That's the ad paying for the website. The article comes later (30 secs
or so).

If they really think I am going to wait for 30 secs or so just to watch
one of their videos they have another thought coming.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2013 14:27, Andrew May wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:51, Clive George wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:43, Andrew May wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:31, polygonum wrote:
He is some expert with the saw, shame he was not so good at the stands!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...ollapses-video

That video seems to be a trailer for a film. The time bar seems to
suggest that it is only two seconds long but it is obviously more than
that. I can't seem to scroll through it on my system to find out if
anything comes later. Guardian got things screwed up again?

That's the ad paying for the website. The article comes later (30 secs
or so).

If they really think I am going to wait for 30 secs or so just to watch
one of their videos they have another thought coming.

I did not see any ads, which suggests that AdBlock had them away...

--
Cheers,

John.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2013 14:38, John Rumm wrote:
On 30/04/2013 14:27, Andrew May wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:51, Clive George wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:43, Andrew May wrote:
On 30/04/2013 13:31, polygonum wrote:
He is some expert with the saw, shame he was not so good at the
stands!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/uk/video/2...ollapses-video

That video seems to be a trailer for a film. The time bar seems to
suggest that it is only two seconds long but it is obviously more than
that. I can't seem to scroll through it on my system to find out if
anything comes later. Guardian got things screwed up again?

That's the ad paying for the website. The article comes later (30 secs
or so).

If they really think I am going to wait for 30 secs or so just to watch
one of their videos they have another thought coming.

I did not see any ads, which suggests that AdBlock had them away...

I'm running AdBlock. I got the impression from what Clive wrote that the
video was the Ad. With the bit you wanted to watch tacked on the end.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2013 14:44, Andrew May wrote:
[...]

I saw a zooming title "guardian" for three or four secinds (I guess) -
then straight into the story. I would never knowingly post a link that
required you to sit through half a minute or more, at least not without
informing you.

Apologies!

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 30/04/2013 16:44, polygonum wrote:
[...]

Odd. So they are serving different videos to different visitors. I
wonder what decides who gets what? Do they show an add for your first
video then none for the rest of the other way around so as not to ****
you off at the start. Maybe needs some experimenting with cookies.

Andrew