Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default (OT) Soccer players who bite

The radio babbles about the unprecedented conduct of a football player,
but it's far from the worst case of its kind.

Over a decade ago I was often in a bar watching an American TV channel
which showed soccer matches, usually between European teams as I
remember.

There's a huge amount of money in American football, so it was never
surprising when a lot of effort was put into rubbishing soccer (which
at that time was showing signs of becoming more popular over there).

So they really enjoyed bringing viewers shots of players falling,
apparently injured, when the TV cameras had clearly showed that no
other player had done anything to them.

But the most astonishing clip was one which showed a young player
biting another player *in the crotch*.

My mind has boggled ever since.

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Windmill" wrote in message
The radio babbles about the unprecedented conduct of a football player,
but it's far from the worst case of its kind.

Over a decade ago I was often in a bar watching an American TV channel
which showed soccer matches, usually between European teams as I
remember.

There's a huge amount of money in American football, so it was never
surprising when a lot of effort was put into rubbishing soccer (which
at that time was showing signs of becoming more popular over there).

So they really enjoyed bringing viewers shots of players falling,
apparently injured, when the TV cameras had clearly showed that no
other player had done anything to them.

But the most astonishing clip was one which showed a young player
biting another player *in the crotch*.

My mind has boggled ever since.

All sportsmen are cavemen.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARW ARW is offline

Mr Pounder wrote:
"Windmill" wrote in message
The radio babbles about the unprecedented conduct of a football
player, but it's far from the worst case of its kind.

Over a decade ago I was often in a bar watching an American TV
channel which showed soccer matches, usually between European teams
as I remember.

There's a huge amount of money in American football, so it was never
surprising when a lot of effort was put into rubbishing soccer (which
at that time was showing signs of becoming more popular over there).

So they really enjoyed bringing viewers shots of players falling,
apparently injured, when the TV cameras had clearly showed that no
other player had done anything to them.

But the most astonishing clip was one which showed a young player
biting another player *in the crotch*.

My mind has boggled ever since.

All sportsmen are cavemen.

However, not all cavemen are sportsmen

--
Adam

Posted to uk.d-i-y

Boggle away: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=es0Oid0G4qc

--
David

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 22/04/2013 18:44, Windmill wrote:
The radio babbles about the unprecedented conduct of a football player,
but it's far from the worst case of its kind.

Over a decade ago I was often in a bar watching an American TV channel
which showed soccer matches, usually between European teams as I
remember.

There's a huge amount of money in American football, so it was never
surprising when a lot of effort was put into rubbishing soccer (which
at that time was showing signs of becoming more popular over there).

So they really enjoyed bringing viewers shots of players falling,
apparently injured, when the TV cameras had clearly showed that no
other player had done anything to them.

But the most astonishing clip was one which showed a young player
biting another player *in the crotch*.

My mind has boggled ever since.

I'd be very wary of biting anyone or anything still alive, if only
because I'd be worried about breaking my teeth.

I suppose my molars and canines would be strong enough, but incisor
teeth look pretty fragile to me. They don't look sturdy enough to bite
anything with significant strength that is still moving.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

MrWeld MrWeld writes:

I'd be very wary of biting anyone or anything still alive, if only
because I'd be worried about breaking my teeth.

I suppose my molars and canines would be strong enough, but incisor
teeth look pretty fragile to me. They don't look sturdy enough to bite
anything with significant strength that is still moving.

In this case the biter and another player were both on the ground.
They showed half a dozen replays just in case we missed what happened
the first time around.

How damaging the bite might have been, I wouldn't know. Presumably
professional soccer players use some very heavy-duty protection!

--
Windmill, Use t m i l l
J.R.R. Tolkien:- @ O n e t e l . c o m

soccer predictions [email protected] Home Repair 0 May 2nd 08 03:30 PM
soccer jerseys [email protected] Woodworking 0 March 18th 08 08:05 AM
Third Bite of Beech George Woodturning 3 January 28th 06 08:41 PM
Don't Let The Bedbugs Bite Too_Many_Tools Metalworking 4 December 4th 05 05:41 AM
Are MP3 players prone to break down? Ebay No name brand MP3 players for cheap. lbbss Home Ownership 1 August 2nd 05 08:47 PM