Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Coal effect gas fire back

I have a Magiglo inset coal effect gas fire. The black fibre back and
throat have become a bit grey looking and I wondered if there is anything
that can be spayed on to tart it up a bit for the summer. Not too bothered
if it doesn't withstand th eheat as I hope to not use it again for about 7
months.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article 40,
DerbyBorn writes
I have a Magiglo inset coal effect gas fire. The black fibre back and
throat have become a bit grey looking and I wondered if there is anything
that can be spayed on to tart it up a bit for the summer. Not too bothered
if it doesn't withstand th eheat as I hope to not use it again for about 7
months.

I assume it was originally black?

If so I'd lightly brush the surface to remove any loose stuff then spray
with a heat resistant matt black spray paint eg:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/heat-shield-...l/invt/602112/

I think matt looks good for this kind of thing and the 425degC rating
may keep it on there when the fire is used later in the year, or at
least let it wear/burn off in a non-spectacular way.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .
Posted to uk.d-i-y
Jb Jb is offline

Any use?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/s/?ie=UTF8&k...l_6bnd87y55j_b

Jb

"fred" wrote in message ...
In article 40,
DerbyBorn writes

coal effect gas fire andyv UK diy 3 March 22nd 09 09:54 PM
Prefabricated Flues and Coal Effect Gas Fires Kev UK diy 3 October 19th 06 03:02 PM
Coal Affect Gas Fire & Prefab Flue Kev UK diy 1 September 18th 06 10:15 PM
Coal effect gas fires and prefabricated flues Kevin UK diy 1 June 20th 06 09:44 AM
Extractor hood / coal fire Charlie UK diy 2 March 9th 05 09:48 AM