Posted to uk.d-i-y
fred fred is offline

Default Coal effect gas fire back

In article 40,
DerbyBorn writes
I have a Magiglo inset coal effect gas fire. The black fibre back and
throat have become a bit grey looking and I wondered if there is anything
that can be spayed on to tart it up a bit for the summer. Not too bothered
if it doesn't withstand th eheat as I hope to not use it again for about 7
months.

I assume it was originally black?

If so I'd lightly brush the surface to remove any loose stuff then spray
with a heat resistant matt black spray paint eg:

http://www.wickes.co.uk/heat-shield-...l/invt/602112/

I think matt looks good for this kind of thing and the 425degC rating
may keep it on there when the fire is used later in the year, or at
least let it wear/burn off in a non-spectacular way.
--
fred
it's a ba-na-na . . . .