Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default OT-ish B&Q automated checkout

On 13/04/2013 12:00, Nightjar wrote:
Just had yet another 'WTF do they do this' moment at the local
Sainsburys.
They've put cardboard adverts round all the card readers/keyboards so you
can't steady the always loose one with one hand. Add that to the fact
that
they seem to be positioned for persons of restricted growth makes me want
to use cash again. And just why to they have to be so small? ATMs seem to
find the space for sensible sized keys and screen.

I like small keyboards on card machines. They allow me to simultaneously
cover the keyboard and enter the PIN all with one hand. Large keyboards
need you to move your hand around, potentially giving away the PIN.

Colin Bignell

Christ, what a way to live eh?