Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default ADSL efficiency

I just downloaded an update - new thunderbird.

peaked at 654 kBytes a second, or 5200 odd kbps..better than 95% of my
5500 BRAS.

Thank you IP protocol, and IDNET for at least giving me an uncongested
link..

since we were discussing this....

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

I just downloaded an update - new thunderbird.

peaked at 654 kBytes a second, or 5200 odd kbps..better than 95% of my
5500 BRAS.

Thank you IP protocol, and IDNET for at least giving me an uncongested
link..

since we were discussing this....

FWIW on a much worse rural line with enormous numbers of uplink errors I
get a download speed of 96% of BRAS with sync 3360kbps and BRAS 2.5M.

So I think 95% of BRAS is probably a typical upper limit for ADSL.

Last week my BRAS was up to 3M and I was getting around 2.8M downloads.

Modem has been synced continuously now for 7 days (a record) and the
error rates per day are

Upload FEC 8k CRC 100 HEC 503 Error sec 40
Download FEC 20 CRC 11 HEC 5 Error sec 0

I feel a bit aggrieved that the downlink speed is being throttled back
because the uplink is so flakey but don't have time to chase them.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 09/04/13 08:26, Martin Brown wrote:
[...]

thats a bad connection IN the exchange

--
Ineptocracy

(in-ep-toc-ra-cy) €“ a system of government where the least capable to lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a diminishing number of producers.

DIY ADSL connection? Timothy Murphy[_2_] UK diy 120 January 24th 11 10:59 AM
ADSL [email protected] UK diy 17 September 9th 06 10:40 AM
ADSL diagnostic The Natural Philosopher UK diy 27 January 28th 06 09:38 AM
ADSL microfilters [email protected] UK diy 30 May 16th 05 08:15 PM
Cable for ADSL [email protected] UK diy 6 May 16th 05 04:12 PM