Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Margaret Thatcher RIP;!...

On 19 Apr, 20:50, "Rod Speed" wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in ...

On 19 Apr, 11:23, "Rod Speed" wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in

On 18 Apr, 19:59, "Rod Speed" wrote:
"Man at B&Q" wrote in

You can invest in volatile things such as gold, equities,
commodities
when you have a long term but, and (hopefully) time to recover from
crashes along the way. As you approach retirement, you need to be
shifting into more stable instruments such as bonds and cash.

And end up getting a return of sweet **** all on that.

Better a low return on some of your fund for a short period

You haven't established that it is for a short period.

Read what I said, FFS.

Its completely useless,

Yes, I realise it's useless askinbg you to read.

"As you approach retirement" I think most people are able
to understand that means a short period compared to the
overall period during which you are saving for retirement.

But isnt a short period in retirement anymore.

The period I refer to ends at retirement so your retort is consigned
to the wastebin lkike most of you moronic outpouring.

What do you take it to mean?

That you don't have a ****ing clue about the basics.

Thats a nice line in well reasoned argument that you have there. Try
playing the ball, not the man, for once, and you will find you get
more respect.

MBQ
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Man at B&Q" wrote in message
[...]

Like hell it does on that conservative approach to investment.

What do you take it to mean?

That you don't have a ****ing clue about the basics.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

charles wrote
Rod Speed wrote

But isnt a short period in retirement anymore.

indeed. I worked out that if I live as long as my father
did, I will have longer in retirement than I had at work.

Yeah, I might well do the same thing myself, and my dad
certainly did too. But then most of my relos on that side
of the family manage to make it into their 90s, and while
they don’t usually jog etc at that age, they are pretty active.

I did "retire" 4 years early, but even so, .....

I 'retired' rather earlier than that, but then I was in the fortunate
position of having lots of assets and had always been in the
even more fortunate position of being very well paid for what
I would have quite happily done for free too, in computing.

My dad was army, so 'retired' rather earlier than many do
just because of the way the military does their retirements.

Margaret Drabble D.M. Procida UK diy 5 April 23rd 09 09:17 AM
Italian Greaseballs, margaret irritates the card beside hers and smartly cleans, Sly Sly Headcase. Brian Henderson Woodworking 0 May 20th 06 01:46 AM