Posted to uk.d-i-y
Rod Speed Rod Speed is offline

Default Margaret Thatcher RIP;!...

charles wrote
Rod Speed wrote

But isnt a short period in retirement anymore.

indeed. I worked out that if I live as long as my father
did, I will have longer in retirement than I had at work.

Yeah, I might well do the same thing myself, and my dad
certainly did too. But then most of my relos on that side
of the family manage to make it into their 90s, and while
they don’t usually jog etc at that age, they are pretty active.

I did "retire" 4 years early, but even so, .....

I 'retired' rather earlier than that, but then I was in the fortunate
position of having lots of assets and had always been in the
even more fortunate position of being very well paid for what
I would have quite happily done for free too, in computing.

My dad was army, so 'retired' rather earlier than many do
just because of the way the military does their retirements.