Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default SAD light boxes

On 08/04/2013 23:13, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Mon, 08 Apr 2013 22:01:52 +0100, AC wrote:

I don't know if I suffer from 'SAD' but short dark days do sort of
depress me.

Im sort of the same. I swear I can feel it as the days get shorter and
longer, and so my mood and energy levels, or whatever, is effected.

Same here, I really don't function at 100% in Dec/Jan. Getting up in the
dark, getting kids ready with it dark, dark at 1600 to 1700. Start
feeling a lot better once there is decent light outside from about 0630
or earlier so it's properly light by 0700.

I have same thing ... but only occurs Mon - Frida, feel fine on weekends
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2013 14:23, newshound wrote:
Seasonal affective disorder on the box last night, so now SO wants one.

General consensus seems to be 10,000 lux of broad spectrum, commercial
units 30 x 450 mm from £45 to £250.

All you seem to need is a couple of 36W CFLs and a diffuser.

Any comments? Anyone made or used one?

TIA

I know people make the boxes themselves:
http://adventurelightingblog.wordpre...n-on-your-cfl/

The big Q is ... will normal CFL work, or does it have to be something
specific.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 7 Apr, 17:28, polygonum wrote:
On 07/04/2013 17:00, Brian Gaff wrote: Not myself, but I thought the idea was that the light was evenly distributed
and it has to be very accurate colour wise, I guess this means the bulbs
need to be sourced carefully.

Brian

There are mixed reports with quite a lot saying it really is not very
critical at all.

Suggests it's a;; snake oil to me.

MBQ