Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Ants

In the last 2 weeks we've had ~15 ants in the living room (they don't eat
much). They usually end up on my side table prolly trying to nick my coffee.
Anyone found anything that really works? I've put a few drops of Nippon
around but I think someone told'em about Nippon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"bm" wrote in message
b.com...
In the last 2 weeks we've had ~15 ants in the living room (they don't eat
much). They usually end up on my side table prolly trying to nick my
coffee. Anyone found anything that really works? I've put a few drops of
Nippon around but I think someone told'em about Nippon

Yep - that time of year again - we have already spotted a couple in the
kitchen. We use any of the ant sprays you can get in the garden centres and
supermarkets, all seem to work. I go round all the entrance doors outside
and spay under the threshold and up the side for about a foot. Also under
the downstair window cills and around any pipework coming out of the house
(drainpipes etc etc). The inside I spray all along the skirting boards where
it meets the floor and across the door thresholds of any infected rooms.
That always seems to stop the blighters!

Andy

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-04-07, Andy Bartlett wrote:

"bm" wrote in message
b.com...
In the last 2 weeks we've had ~15 ants in the living room (they don't
eat
much). They usually end up on my side table prolly trying to nick my
coffee. Anyone found anything that really works? I've put a few drops of
Nippon around but I think someone told'em about Nippon

Yep - that time of year again - we have already spotted a couple in the
kitchen. We use any of the ant sprays you can get in the garden centres
and
supermarkets, all seem to work. I go round all the entrance doors outside
and spay

Spaying ants? That must be fiddly work.

The spill chucker said it was ok.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 2013-04-07, Andy Bartlett wrote:

"bm" wrote in message
b.com...
In the last 2 weeks we've had ~15 ants in the living room (they don't
eat
much). They usually end up on my side table prolly trying to nick my
coffee. Anyone found anything that really works? I've put a few drops
of
Nippon around but I think someone told'em about Nippon

Yep - that time of year again - we have already spotted a couple in the
kitchen. We use any of the ant sprays you can get in the garden centres
and
supermarkets, all seem to work. I go round all the entrance doors
outside
and spay

Spaying ants? That must be fiddly work.

The spill chucker said it was ok.

Only because it wouldn't have to perform the surgery.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/13 12:34, bm wrote:
In the last 2 weeks we've had ~15 ants in the living room (they don't eat
much). They usually end up on my side table prolly trying to nick my coffee.
Anyone found anything that really works? I've put a few drops of Nippon
around but I think someone told'em about Nippon

As a small boy on sunny days I used to use the sun and a large
magnifying glass..

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 12:34:56 +0100, bm wrote:

In the last 2 weeks we've had ~15 ants in the living room

Ants? What are they? No ants anywhere near here.

--
Cheers
Dave.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 07/04/2013 23:26, Dave Liquorice wrote:
On Sun, 7 Apr 2013 12:34:56 +0100, bm wrote:

In the last 2 weeks we've had ~15 ants in the living room

Ants? What are they? No ants anywhere near here.

Little scuttly things that are currently supplementing the protein
intake of the birds in my garden.

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sun, 07 Apr 2013 23:32:34 +0100, John Williamson wrote:

In the last 2 weeks we've had ~15 ants in the living room

Ants? What are they? No ants anywhere near here.

Little scuttly things that are currently supplementing the protein
intake of the birds in my garden.

Na, not here, don't even think there are ants down in town either.

--
Cheers
Dave.

How to get rid of ants Tony Hwang Home Repair 9 June 29th 11 06:11 PM
Got Ants? Alex Home Repair 0 April 18th 11 09:57 PM
Ants, Lots of Ants Steve Home Repair 21 July 26th 06 04:13 AM
Hot Tub Ants Bryan Home Repair 10 November 1st 05 03:22 AM
Ants G.W. Walker UK diy 65 May 7th 04 11:18 PM