Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Car door handles etc

On 30/03/13 13:58, ARW wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
I read somewhere that black shoe polish will make the door handles
and any plastic trim on Mrs Pounder's automobile black again.
They are going a bit pale. I have tried that Back To Black and it
don't seem to work very well.
Any opinions?

I thought that you did not like blacks?

Liquid black shoe polish was recently recommended on the car maintenance
group, as being far more effective than Back to Black, which I have used
and found pretty useless. Not tried the polish yet though.

Andy C
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Andy Cap" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 30/03/13 13:58, ARW wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
I read somewhere that black shoe polish will make the door handles
and any plastic trim on Mrs Pounder's automobile black again.
They are going a bit pale. I have tried that Back To Black and it
don't seem to work very well.
Any opinions?

I thought that you did not like blacks?

Liquid black shoe polish was recently recommended on the car maintenance
group, as being far more effective than Back to Black, which I have used
and found pretty useless. Not tried the polish yet though.

Taa.
I'll see if the corner shop has any.
If Mrs Pounder gets this all over her hands it will mean the end of me.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Sat, 30 Mar 2013 14:18:20 -0000, Mr Pounder wrote:

"Andy Cap" wrote in message
o.uk...
On 30/03/13 13:58, ARW wrote:
Mr Pounder wrote:
I read somewhere that black shoe polish will make the door handles
and any plastic trim on Mrs Pounder's automobile black again.
They are going a bit pale. I have tried that Back To Black and it
don't seem to work very well.
Any opinions?

I thought that you did not like blacks?

Liquid black shoe polish was recently recommended on the car maintenance
group, as being far more effective than Back to Black, which I have used
and found pretty useless. Not tried the polish yet though.

Taa.
I'll see if the corner shop has any.
If Mrs Pounder gets this all over her hands it will mean the end of me.

Don't go into the paki corner shop and ask for black polish.....

--
What is the difference between a chicken and a baby?
A chicken is the result of a sitting hen while the baby is the result of a standing cock.

Door handles Frank Erskine UK diy 1 August 29th 12 05:39 AM
uPVC door handles Stephen[_12_] UK diy 3 August 8th 12 08:20 AM
which door handles benpost UK diy 11 March 23rd 09 06:45 PM
Door handles Nel UK diy 3 May 8th 07 06:34 PM
Door Handles Charles Middleton UK diy 6 January 4th 06 12:59 PM