Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nel Nel is offline

Default Door handles

Just come back from holiday, and while I was there I meant to take a photo
of some door handles that I've been after for a while now.... but I forgot!!

Basically, they are handles - as opposed to knobs and they have the privacy
lock on the same spindle as the handle. Everywhere I've looked (B&Q,
Homebase, Wickes etc) seems to do the privacy lock, but a few inches down
from the handle.

Anyone know of a place that does something similar?

Posted to uk.d-i-y

" Nel" wrote in message
Just come back from holiday, and while I was there I meant to take a photo
of some door handles that I've been after for a while now.... but I
forgot!!

Basically, they are handles - as opposed to knobs and they have the
privacy lock on the same spindle as the handle. Everywhere I've looked
(B&Q, Homebase, Wickes etc) seems to do the privacy lock, but a few inches
down from the handle.

Anyone know of a place that does something similar?

Just bought one today from B&Q (?12 I think). Easier to fit than the type
you describe. The handles bolt to each other through the door - so less
screws showing.
Brass - coin slot outside.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"John" wrote in message

" Nel" wrote in message
Just come back from holiday, and while I was there I meant to take a
photo of some door handles that I've been after for a while now.... but I
forgot!!

Basically, they are handles - as opposed to knobs and they have the
privacy lock on the same spindle as the handle. Everywhere I've looked
(B&Q, Homebase, Wickes etc) seems to do the privacy lock, but a few
inches down from the handle.

Anyone know of a place that does something similar?

Just bought one today from B&Q (?12 I think). Easier to fit than the type
you describe. The handles bolt to each other through the door - so less
screws showing.
Brass - coin slot outside.

Sorry - realised that you don't want a knob. The set I bought today was a
knob - perhaps less chance of applying a lot of leverage and overcoming the
locking mechanism though.

Posted to uk.d-i-y
Nel Nel is offline

"John" wrote in message

"John" wrote in message

" Nel" wrote in message
Just come back from holiday, and while I was there I meant to take a
photo of some door handles that I've been after for a while now.... but
I forgot!!

Basically, they are handles - as opposed to knobs and they have the
privacy lock on the same spindle as the handle. Everywhere I've looked
(B&Q, Homebase, Wickes etc) seems to do the privacy lock, but a few
inches down from the handle.

Anyone know of a place that does something similar?

Just bought one today from B&Q (?12 I think). Easier to fit than the type
you describe. The handles bolt to each other through the door - so less
screws showing.
Brass - coin slot outside.

Sorry - realised that you don't want a knob. The set I bought today was a
knob - perhaps less chance of applying a lot of leverage and overcoming
the locking mechanism though.

Personally I couldn't care less - as long as it does the job of 'zoning' off
areas for our disabled son.

Unfortunately I have a picky wife who will not have knobs, or curly handles,
or gold coloured, or blah blah!!!

brass door handles TheOldFellow UK diy 1 January 6th 07 01:35 PM
brass door handles The Medway Handyman UK diy 1 January 5th 07 09:42 PM
Door Handles Charles Middleton UK diy 6 January 4th 06 12:59 PM
KITCHEN DOOR HANDLES [email protected] UK diy 4 July 1st 05 11:19 AM
Chrome door handles from europe... MrMark UK diy 3 November 27th 04 02:23 AM