Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Axminster Power Tools Belly Up ?

According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:08:19 PM UTC, fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

According to SWMBO. I now believe it may be Axminster Carpets !
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2013 16:08, fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Are you sure it wasn't "Axminster Carpets in administration talks"?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

"polygonum" wrote in message
On 20/02/2013 16:08, fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Are you sure it wasn't "Axminster Carpets in administration talks"?

--
Rod

http://news.sky.com/story/1054661/ax...administrators

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In article ,
fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Axminster Carpets.

Going to be intersting round here for a bit - I live in Buckfastleigh
- where most of the "mill" workers live too. (The "mill" in Buckfast,
processes the wool, cleans, spins & dyes it - which is (was) then sent
to Axminster to make the actual carpets...

They have a huge site or 2 too. As well as a tannery which I'm sure is
part of the same company. If you have one of those sheepskin fleeces,
have a look at the label - if it says "Devonia Products" it also comes
from them.

Gordon

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wednesday 20 February 2013 17:15 Gordon Henderson wrote in uk.d-i-y:

In article ,
fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Axminster Carpets.

That's believable.

Axminster Tools *would* be a surprise...

Reading this on the web? See:

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 20/02/2013 16:12, fred wrote:
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:08:19 PM UTC, fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

According to SWMBO. I now believe it may be Axminster Carpets !

Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Posted to uk.d-i-y

"Gordon Henderson" wrote in message
In article ,
fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Axminster Carpets.

Going to be intersting round here for a bit - I live in Buckfastleigh
- where most of the "mill" workers live too. (The "mill" in Buckfast,
processes the wool, cleans, spins & dyes it - which is (was) then sent
to Axminster to make the actual carpets...

They have a huge site or 2 too. As well as a tannery which I'm sure is
part of the same company. If you have one of those sheepskin fleeces,
have a look at the label - if it says "Devonia Products" it also comes
from them.

I had to Google Buckfast.

Not everybody lives in the ****ing south, there is life north of Coventry.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Axminster Carpets.

Going to be intersting round here for a bit - I live in Buckfastleigh
- where most of the "mill" workers live too. (The "mill" in Buckfast,
processes the wool, cleans, spins & dyes it - which is (was) then sent
to Axminster to make the actual carpets...

They have a huge site or 2 too. As well as a tannery which I'm sure is
part of the same company. If you have one of those sheepskin fleeces,
have a look at the label - if it says "Devonia Products" it also comes
from them.

I had to Google Buckfast.

Not everybody lives in the ****ing south, there is life north of Coventry.

And most of the population of Glasgow (a city in the northern half of
Great Britain) know something of Buckfast...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Buckfast_Tonic_Wine

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Axminster Carpets.

Going to be intersting round here for a bit - I live in Buckfastleigh
- where most of the "mill" workers live too. (The "mill" in Buckfast,
processes the wool, cleans, spins & dyes it - which is (was) then sent
to Axminster to make the actual carpets...

They have a huge site or 2 too. As well as a tannery which I'm sure is
part of the same company. If you have one of those sheepskin fleeces,
have a look at the label - if it says "Devonia Products" it also comes
from them.

I had to Google Buckfast.

Not everybody lives in the ****ing south, there is life north of Coventry.

and well north of there is where "Buckie" is drunk

--
From KT24

Using a RISC OS computer running v5.18

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
[...]

They used to make mead as well, but have now given it up. (Not just for
Lent, either.) :-(

--
Tciao for Now!

John.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Axminster Carpets.

Going to be intersting round here for a bit - I live in Buckfastleigh
- where most of the "mill" workers live too. (The "mill" in Buckfast,
processes the wool, cleans, spins & dyes it - which is (was) then sent
to Axminster to make the actual carpets...

They have a huge site or 2 too. As well as a tannery which I'm sure is
part of the same company. If you have one of those sheepskin fleeces,
have a look at the label - if it says "Devonia Products" it also comes
from them.

I had to Google Buckfast.

Not everybody lives in the ****ing south, there is life north of Coventry.

Just the one?

--
Ineptocracy

diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Axminster Carpets.

Going to be intersting round here for a bit - I live in Buckfastleigh
- where most of the "mill" workers live too. (The "mill" in Buckfast,
processes the wool, cleans, spins & dyes it - which is (was) then sent
to Axminster to make the actual carpets...

They have a huge site or 2 too. As well as a tannery which I'm sure is
part of the same company. If you have one of those sheepskin fleeces,
have a look at the label - if it says "Devonia Products" it also comes
from them.

I had to Google Buckfast.

Not everybody lives in the ****ing south, there is life north of Coventry.

When our kids were small we used to holiday in Devon.

SWMBO is well brung up & doesn't used bad language much.

One trip, we passed Buckfast & a SWMBO spoonerism occurred. Kids didn't
stop laughing for hours :-)

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Axminster Carpets.

Going to be intersting round here for a bit - I live in Buckfastleigh
- where most of the "mill" workers live too. (The "mill" in Buckfast,
processes the wool, cleans, spins & dyes it - which is (was) then sent
to Axminster to make the actual carpets...

They have a huge site or 2 too. As well as a tannery which I'm sure is
part of the same company. If you have one of those sheepskin fleeces,
have a look at the label - if it says "Devonia Products" it also comes
from them.

I had to Google Buckfast.

Not everybody lives in the ****ing south, there is life north of
Coventry.

Just the one?

One what?

--
Ineptocracy

lead are elected by the least capable of producing, and where the members
of society least likely to sustain themselves or succeed, are rewarded
with goods and services paid for by the confiscated wealth of a
diminishing number of producers.

Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , Mr Pounder
writes

fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

Axminster Carpets.

Going to be intersting round here for a bit - I live in Buckfastleigh
- where most of the "mill" workers live too. (The "mill" in Buckfast,
processes the wool, cleans, spins & dyes it - which is (was) then sent
to Axminster to make the actual carpets...

They have a huge site or 2 too. As well as a tannery which I'm sure is
part of the same company. If you have one of those sheepskin fleeces,
have a look at the label - if it says "Devonia Products" it also comes
from them.

I had to Google Buckfast.

Not everybody lives in the ****ing south, there is life north of Coventry.

Amoebae don't count

--
geoff
Posted to uk.d-i-y

In message , John Williamson
writes
fred wrote:
[...]

Send in the Bavarians

That's how Bock bier came into being, when the monks were made to drink
less for Lent, they just brewed it twice as strong

--
geoff

Posted to uk.d-i-y

fred wrote:
[...]

Would you care to be more specific?

It was when I was living there that everyone seemed to talk about the
youth necking Buckfast - and I'd often see empty bottles, or bottles
being drunk.

Or Glasgow is not in Great Britain?

Or most of the population would miraculously not see what was all around?

Or the link did not work for you?

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 20:08:21 -0000, "Mr Pounder"
wrote:

I had to Google Buckfast.

Nice part of the country. A bit north of me but still relatively
civilised and a good starting off point for visiting the 'moor and it
is home to the South Devon [steam] Railway.
--
rbel

Posted to uk.d-i-y
AC AC is offline

fred wrote:
[...]

No he cant. That's what Buckfast does to you. Sad aye?

--
AC
Posted to uk.d-i-y

I did not know they were still in business anyway, which I suppose is the
reason they have died. Not enough public awareness and sailable product.

Brian

--
From the Sofa of Brian Gaff Reply address is active
"fred" wrote in message
On Wednesday, February 20, 2013 4:08:19 PM UTC, fred wrote:
According to Radio 4 they have gone into administration

According to SWMBO. I now believe it may be Axminster Carpets !

Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2013 08:52, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes, gone for the chop, nobody is going to make a pile out of that then?
Brian

But you only need to add "sobs I" to make abstract expressionism out of
axminster carpets.

--
Rod
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On 21/02/2013 08:55, Brian Gaff wrote:
So who makes carpets and woven products in this country these days?

Brian

I think Brian is getting mixed up with Axminster Boats, in his previous
post.

--
Remember the early bird may catch the worm but the second mouse gets the
cheese.
Posted to uk.d-i-y

On Wed, 20 Feb 2013 22:14:27 +0000, geoff wrote:

Not everybody lives in the ****ing south, there is life north of Coventry.

Amoebae don't count

Not on their fingers, at any rate.
Posted to uk.d-i-y